My Boardgames

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MaruXV, Nov 4, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I saw that there was some interest about that so i thought could be nice to share some of my works^_^ here there are some of my prototypes. They are not published games in commerce, so i'm not selling stuff here (please dont ban me). Still if somebody like some of this, let me know i could share files for some playtest.

1. Eldritch Duel

the first game i ever made in my designer experience, its a 1vs1 cthulhu-themed simple game of strategy, anticipation and psichological understanding. (here in italian version)

20170807_181646.jpg

2. Space Arena

at the moment abandoned project for a space arena where you decide each turn where to spend your points dividing them into your characteristics.
    20170402_125521.jpg

3. M.E.O.W. (masters of elemental outer worlds) (here in english version)
    a strategic chesslike card game that turned out even too complex to be published^_^ still quite fun and probably near to poxer's games. it has an interesting mechanics were you dont generate mana but when you play a card you give mana to your opponent. in this way you keep a balance because the stronger cards you play the more resources your opponent has.
    20170831_225936.jpg

4. StrateGhianda (StrategicAcorn)
    new game im testing and might be published next year, its a strategic game for 2 to 4 players where you plan moves to get the squirrel on your acorns moving and turning the tiles representing tree's branches.

IMG-20171103-WA0010.jpeg

5. B&W

little abstract game, different version with same system of the Eldritch Duel game but based more on a balance-like mechanic of black and white resources.
    IMG-20171103-WA0008.jpeg

6. Iroiro
    Abstract game with a lot of levels of strategy played with only colored tiles and dices. This one is probalby my favourite and strongest one and i might present it to a european big contest next year.
    20171012_212046.jpg

as you can see im not really into partygames or agility, i focus more on strategic-deep games where you can actually make a difference when you play better. thats also probably why i like pox^_^

oh, i also have a narrative RPG diceless system i'm working on, only for big book lovers... here's a preview of the cover ( its in italian version only at the moment). Its called Biblioverse (like in Biblio + universe)
    upload_2017-11-4_11-59-24.png

newsbuff, darklord48, Gnomes and 9 others like this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

@MrBadguy if you are interested in tryin something with your playgroup

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Do you show your stuff to Marnaudo on BGG? Like minds.

Try Mage Wars for a board game a lot like Pox.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

no im not on bgg...
    i know magewars, like it but a little too random

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Random? I’m really surprised as there is very little randomness with the revealed decks from start. Just a very small bit of dice chucking.

It’s plays long if you let it, but I thought it was low on the randomness factor.

But I guess it’s all personal taste.

Tried GLOOMHAVEN?

MaruXV likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

know it, still didn't play.
    i love dices, but not that much in strategy games...its sure not randomfest like heartstone

Fentum likes this.
  7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Biblioverso looks very intriguing, tell me more about it plz

MaruXV likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its an rpg where players play themselves gaining powers as kind of bookmages, so they can make things happen or summon stuff reading from a book. uses a points system without dices, a d&d DC lev / like system.

9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

These games look great!
    If you give a print and play files for these, I could try some out in December to give feedback.
    I am working on a few games myself. (One of which I probably can't share since my producer might not like it.)
    I should have a prototype ready of a 1-5 player card game I am working on in early January if anyone is interested to try it out.

MaruXV likes this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sure we can exchange some playtest

soulmilk likes this.
  11. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Wow, that looks so awesome!

MaruXV likes this.
  12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

n'6, iroiro is the one you know ;)

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

The art on the cards look great! nice!

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

my paint and google imagesearch ability is second to no one ;)

15. Alakhami

Well, hit me up when it's done. I could also help translating it into Russian if needed^^

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

can you translate from italian to russian?^_^ because at the moment im writing it for an italian editor so i've no plan for an english version...but if it gets some love, or i find a cheap english translator, i might also get an english one.

17. Alakhami

unfortunately not, but I've got a friend that can!

18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Where do I order or find the files to print for these?

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

they are just prototypes, so im the only one who has them, but if you are interested into trying something, let me know and i'll send you

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I just got home from work and got an email from my producer about some almost finalized pieces for my boardgame that will be released on kickstarter soon™.

I can't stop grinning like an idiot. :D

MrBadguy, Fentum, Dagda and 1 other person like this.