Mordheim Campaign

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Molosse, May 4, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So a while back me and some notables played a decently fun Mordheim campaign on a site called roll20. Decided to check my email and it turns out we were the first to think of it. So on that standing would anyone be up for another go at a non-narrative campaign with some Poxers?

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Of course. Though you might want to make some more restrictions on it compared to last time as we burned out rather fast and the maps were not the best.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Explain what Mordheim is, please :p

4. Molosse

Mordheim is a skirmish rpg/tabletop game released by GW, set in a ruined city you select your warbands out of dozens of unique players in the Warhammer world, delve deep into Mordheim proper and watch as your warband grows and develops as you compete with others for warpstone.

In other words build a band of guys from a ****huge list, customise them and watch them gain exp while you fight other players.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Huh ... And where to do that?

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

hay qt

7. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I'm in for this

8. Molosse

A site called roll20, tis a decent site we first started using for DnD games and then we realised the bloody thing was perfect for stuff like mordheim.

9. bluestun

bluestun Member

I believe I was a part of that group, I am up for a new run. On a related topic, they are actually making mordheim pc game in the same vein that they did blood bowl.
    Its called mordheim city of the damned. Should be wonderful but I am also expecting it to only have the core warbands and the unofficial will probably be paid dlc.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@Emries

buy me mordheim city of the damned ty

11. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sounds fun - lemme know when we doin this? :p

12. Molosse

Good to see some interest. We'll be starting say a week from now? In the meantime I'll sort out the rules and some of the maps. Everyone is welcome to have a go making a map.

13. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Man I am so bad with usernames, Molosse are you the guy that ran the one I was in?

(Also the same guy I have on skype)

14. bluestun

bluestun Member

Figure might as well put it here, I am chip f. from roll20. If you are making a new campaign you will need to let us know which one it is so we can make maps for it

15. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Also wasn't an issue with this the poor handling of a 3d map - especially when elevation and accurate LoS was super important

16. Tarth

Fantasy grounds is a steam game coming out on the 9th of may that might be awesome for these types of things.

17. bluestun

bluestun Member

Isnt half the fun of mordheim arguing about LoS?

18. bluestun

bluestun Member

I checked the site out, it does seem nice and it looks like you could definitely play mordheim on it pointers and all. My concern is the cost though. Their site says 24$ for player lite version and 34$ for the GM version. That means other features aside, you have to play 34$ just to be a GM which seems kinda silly. Roll20 is still free as can be.

19. Tarth

ah didnt know its price. Yea roll 20 is nice and free just saying that system looks really nice for this type of thing

20. bluestun

bluestun Member

Btw are we playing standard version, standard with unofficial warbands, or the players version with like 36 different warbands? I would like to start planning ahead what I will be playing as, and by planning ahead I mean randomly roll a dice