Last attempt at saving UD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nepyonisdead, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

@badgerale is our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Etherielin likes this.
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why are we talking about changing preparation when it isn't the problem here, preparation is only a problem on culler because of dragging attack and his high base damage.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I do not often agree with you super but in this case I think you are spot on.

5. super71

Were again nerfing an ability based on it's interaction with one rune and not it's tool set that makes it strong. Lower his base damage, or remove dragging attack and he would be perfectly fine. I actually don't even think he's as problematic as people suggest. Let's nerf preparation though, and inadvertently nerf every other rune with the ability.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I would look at multi-attack on culler.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Yep that's what I'm thinking too. Leave everything as is except make him 6 base speed and loose multi attack.

Right now at full ap he has 3 for movement and 6 for double tap.

With out multi and 6 speed he would have 2 for movement and 8 for double tap.

8. super71

Ah forgot about multi, that could also be a problem, and should be looked at before anything else.

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Of all the abilities on Culler.... dragging attack is the one you think is a problem.

Alakhami likes this.
  10. super71

Forgot about multi, either or could work.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

a theme needs to be consistent and strong as a whole, not below average and with some odd strong or overpowered combo.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This seems like the right direction. Just have to look out for 6 speed with Ready 2. 8 speed out the gate is very strong.

13. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

at the rate all of you are going hed be lucky to have 1 speed 1 dmg xD jesus christ slow down before i make a whole thread of all the broken runes in IS

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Go for it. I have 12 off-meta runes ready to go for when the main stuff goes down.

Discussion like this thread is healthy.

Etherielin likes this.
  15. nepyonisdead

I dont disagree its just at one stage we have to draw the line about nerfs :p so removing preparation and then removing ready ...I mean when does the train stop on the poor mino

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I believe the plan was remove multi-attack but give him +1 speed.

super71 likes this.
  17. nepyonisdead

I think the plan now is to remove preparation and give him range 1-4 but I prefer + 1 speed + ranged stance and removing ready and preparation

MaruXV likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's basically how I feel. There are enough themes to fiddle with in UD and if they small bits of work, why try and make a NEW theme altogether instead of shoring up the existing ones?

But yea, if you have ideas on ANY theme improvements (UD or not), feel free to make a thread.

Note, however, that it is actually not easy to modify old stuff to fit new themes. Most of the time it's basically redoing the entire rune so it's basically the same dev time as making a new rune.

19. Sokolov

That was one of the ideas, but as I have stated repeatedly I am leaning towards just nerfing Prep.

20. Sokolov

Right, it's not a JAKEI racial, it's an Elemental-based mechanic.

It's the same as all the Demons that work in Fire. I don't see a difference.

I don't see your point other than you think the Lamia are good and the Deep Elf are bad. That doesn't have anything to do with them being a theme. My point is just because a naming nomeclature exists doesn't make them a theme.

I see it as 6, but I don't know when that happened so maybe it's not live yet.