Current Meta

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

How is it that no-one is running Paper Wings?

I run 2x in my best SP UD deck and typically equip pincushion, ire guard, or peaks efreet. It is regularly the game winning play.

Even in full SP, I run 2x mostly for the Peaks Efreet. Pounce plus speed 8 for 25 is great. Flying is akready there but it is still usually worth it.

The effect is to have a massively increased threat range, plus increased ap on very powerful melee champs. Once played, the opponent needs to counter the Paper Wings but the original surprise value has been gained, which is usually the key benefit. 25 cost means that any spell based shatter will be a poor trade.

Even if shattered, the target champs go to 6 speed, which is fine.

What’s the reason that Paper Wings don’t feature in Meta SP?

Gnomes likes this.
  2. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

- first depends on your playstyle and support spells, equip: I usually run the sonic ele in the goodstuff bg for font grabbing and slaver whip, the blastmage in a full clops bg mainly for the magical dmg, but the 2 together can coexist if you wanna pull some knockback tricks .
    - I go with the Chaos brave, looks more tanky than the rockshaper ( just looks :p )
    -headshrinker : long range,detection DOT or distract and shrink, cheaper than the Crone (that needs time to build a decent dmg output) and not a slag (nothing against slags but they mostly work better in a dedicated BG)
    - kanen slipped is more solid.

Fentum and Gnomes like this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I do like paper wings, Its basically auto in my cyclops bg. But in meta I'm not so sure. Usually you would want to play it on an aggressive champ with high dmg, so club or kanen slipped. And I'm not sure if I want to play a rune for 2 champs. Might have interesting interaction with blast mage though.

Fentum likes this.
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

19 champs? i dont ever get in games that long or trade heavy that i would need more then 15-17.

Seems you are missing a few good utility spells/equips that could be more advantageous.

But i am super jelly of your Mika....super sexy. i want i want i want

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

She dose not work right, her cost is wrong and abash dose not work but i use her anyway, she summarizes pox nora to me. I love champ heavy bg's, just gives me more options, my champ selection was knockback focused for a while before fire wall was nerfed. Terraced slag is one of my favorite runes, fantastic staller, I miss using him i could bring him back easy. I use a ton of champs because champs are more efficient then spells or equipment in SP. Using blue belly, a champ drop every turn is easy. I just always seem to get behind the 8 ball when using spells, equipment, and relics. I only use them as a last resort, or if it amuses me and I have nora to burn. I can be reckless and impatient when I play so a large champ base gives me one or two "opps" turns. I will try out some of these bg though, might as well trying shaking it up.

My bg uses a lot of knockback, a bunch of summons, healing, and some surprises that are not traditional meta. AoC to let people know that I can late game and never come forward as well. That meta complements my play style.

Gnomes likes this.
  6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

1) Reclaim is pretty nice but your opponent has to play into it (deploy high impact relics at the front lines while it's out) or you need to have cheap/summonable/single-use relics that you can reclaim for the bonus in order to get the most of it. I think that the consensus best shatter champ is actually cyclops artificer because it's cheap and it brings that extra meat that adds an additional 4 damage (+ if it isn't destroyed next turn). I personally use stonecaller because it is such a good tank with 4def/tough 3 and my reason for deploying it is generally ( tank >> shatter > barrage utility). I have tried calcified in a few split decks and it never really felt like it contributed much to the game, but that could definitely be the deck's fault, not lurker's. I think you would want to include nublins/thunderhead if you really want to get value out of calcified. Crush is also a really great anti-equip now and diamond mace is extremely reliable if you don't find yourself in too many 1on1 situations.

I am feeling kind of lazy so these posts are going to trickle out slowly.

Gnomes likes this.
  7. OriginalG1

Ancient slag is cool, he has shatter, pull and hunter small. He is like vicious harpoon meets diamond mace and then is a meat shield on top of that.

Gnomes likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i have a spare lim mika

Gnomes likes this.
  9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

nice! but i cant take that from you! she is to precious

10. Fentum

@Gnomes if you ever need any runes, let me know. I have lots of old school stuff and some new shiny things too. No idea how to use the trader ( other than for Poxbox) but I shall persevere if I have a spare of something you need.

As a thank you for the very nice videos.

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Thats very nice of you!!! their are no bgs that im thinking of making atm so im good for now. But thank you. if their are any sp lims that you are sure you really really dont need i would not be opposed to taking it off your hands :D

12. Fentum

I have Eyoir the Slag, Goliath Fesh and 3x Moga Catchers. Happy to send you any you fancy.

Gnomes and MaruXV like this.
  13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i would take 1 slag and both catchers. but i would never take the fesh from you

14. Fentum

@Gnomes I posted those up on the trader. Lovely job with the videos.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. OriginalG1

I am interested in more sunder or soften options/combos. SP dose not have the heavyset hitters. More of a in theme problem that a meta problem, but I am still interested.

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

With SP some of our heaviest hitters are our ranged units like Moga Cannon, Hayenid Ascendant or Arroyo Smokeform.

Chaos Brave, Arroyo Riftlord, Rockcharger Warbeast, Voil Conqueror, Voil Stormflyer etc... are also heavy hitters.

OriginalG1 likes this.