Current state of Hyaenid BGs

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by jhgh2288, Nov 17, 2017.

1. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

How competitive is the theme right now? What's everyone running?

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

4. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

@Gnomes if you don't mind me asking, how competitive is the hyaenid archetype right now?

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

They are pretty good. Maybe tier 1.5

MaruXV likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

SP/UD deep wounds bg too plays a lot of hyaenids, and is quite nice

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.36.40 PM.png

I run this...pretty competitive I would say....got a counter to almost everything ( even cleanse if you put in a Witchdoctor), 2 dispel, 2 type of antisummon ( even 3 if you get a second packleader with battle leader instead of commander as I do run him), spot removal, 2 good font contestor (flamefist and spiritseeker) possibility if you play phalanx style to have access to evasive and battlemaster with the ghern general(also shroud on the spiritseeker), the feshwrangler for the hunter small champs, the ascent for hunter flying, breaker, pack leader and headshrinker for detection ( I know is a lot).

I personally don't like the executioner as is now , it was way better before with judgment and a great synergy with dogpile and the debuffs from the attacks, I don't run the stalkers anymore, I find them too pricy even if deep wound and shadowspawn are great on them ( I do run them in my deep wound bg).

Sometimes i put spirit channeling instead of state of confusion and I'm thinking about taking off paper wing ( i love that equip) to put another champ or something else ( shattered font maybe)

MaruXV likes this.
  8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Yep I played vs your bg. Recked me pretty good. You are quite good with em. Definitely starting to like some of your deploys more then my stalker/executioner.

limone1981, Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Might be an idea to run meta sp mele champs with hyeanid as just ranged. All of them getting the dot is pretty insane. And only one instance of the dot can be played anyway. But sp hyaenid mele/tank is not amazing.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I mean we already complain about 1 dot on ranged champs, such as dead fairy or others... But many of our hyaenid can have 2 that must be cray

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

So, like i said, i think that a meta bg that uses hyaenid as their ranged could be very strong. i agree that executioner and stalker are quite expensive and are more so dmg dealers them selves as well and im not sure if they are quite needed. so i put in meta tanks from sp theat are a better front line. and then i can more so take advantage of the resistance and having multiple dots from ranged, and not getting as many dogpile procks from the mele hyaenid if i had them.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just a little side note. Feint was changed from giving the condition feint to 2 stacks of sunder. so that actually got buffed a little bit.

Etherielin likes this.
  13. limone1981

still the executioner sux lol

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

he can be ok, i mean i have gotten 35+ dmg executes off quite easily. but he is risky

15. limone1981

the resistance is good but I guess only in a full nids BG.
    as for ranged Dot i'm waiting for a Frost dmg Nid with relative dot.
    Missing the psychic dmg on the dreamcrusher (it was nice against one with the nora champ).
    for now too many electricity based nids :(

16. limone1981

@Gnomes you should have seen him with the Judgement ability in a full hyeanid bg....scary! (dots+dogpile+ weary from the lancer+ sunder)

17. themacca

dispelling blows is a thing

Judgement was absolutely ridiculous, tap a few things within the AOE with stuff like spearman.
    use judgement for 30+ plus damage to each champ in affect range, it only exists on 1 champ now for a reason

18. limone1981

yes it was ridiculous, I agree....btw I do prefer the simple dispel to dispelling blows...cheaper , but I don't know how dispelling blows interact with certain thing , example: arrow eater champ, a dmg type eater champ, impervious, scrapper, bubbles and so on...if someone knows the answers will be great

19. themacca

the abilities will prevent or reduce the damage. then be removed

20. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

what does that look like?