The Laboratory - Poxnora Creative BG building Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by MaruXV, Mar 29, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Etherielin and Alakhami like this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like it and the idea behind it, @TakeItOver might find this useful as he was running something similar recently.

only 2 things i dont really like are

servile brute: cheap and all, but i think maybe you could get better units in same role. altered lemure? hits less but is cheaper and shadowspawned.
    arroyo portal: i think its not very sinergic in the bg, maybe a rocktrap could be better.

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Thanks!

Servile Brute does a TONNE of work and is so cheap. He is a Beast which helps. Drive also helps. I looked at Lemur but feel he is a bit squishy and lonely. I also worry about affecting friendly champs with his aura. It's not a BG where a stealth champ sneaks in with a font capture via Vertical Push. It's more an in your face BANG BG.

Same thinking behind taking Bok Warden over Deep Elf Scout. I ran Stitched Librarian for the Detection, with Shatter, but find Warden better overall. FOR THIS BG.

You are dead right about Arroyo Portal. It doesn't 'fit' and in fact usually doesn't come out. That said, if I have a lonely champ who looks a good target for VerticalPush, Blink, Shatter, etc, it can be good. Font contesting is a bonus, as is extra meat with magical attacks. An alternative which i have run is swapping Hyaenid Headshrinker and Dark Pact for Bok Warden and Arroyo Portal. I find I prefer the latter.

4. Fentum

00 Bunnies.png

Here is an amusing BG which uses only 'Bunnies' as champs. Seven champs total (before the bunnies start to breed...)

It is surprisingly effective. Still a work in progress. The basic idea is to get a few champs out and turn them into super champs whilst replicating with the Lava Bunnies and swarming with the bunny Lords.

Bunny Lords - equip Earthshaker, Slaver's Whip or Tempest Crown. Maybe Havoc's Touch
    Lava Bunnies - Magnify then replicate. Heal
    Salaam - equip Tempest Crown. Havoc's Touch. His Shadowbunny can be magnified and given the Whip or Earthshaker for a lot of fun. Watch out for summon kills though.
    Storm Bunies - equip Cloaks of Long Knives for maximum frustration.

It's not an optimised BG but it's quite unusual.

And if you win, you can say that the opponent was beaten by a team from Watership Down.

'Bright Eyes...'

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

this is awsome. Actually if you divert a bit from only bunny and get a couple more champs there its pretty awsome. add stom and a couple good UD beasts and you have a tier1.5 bg.

Fentum likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

lemure has like 54 hp base, son to realy squishy for its cost. also has alt dmg , aura and latch on, so you can pull out really nasty tricks with it. and the sneak VP steal is always an option indeed. i would evalute it in your place, try it once and you will never part from it^^
    warden is nice for detect + precisoin, deep elf scout is an utility champ with low dmg and has pilfer , different roles i would say
    arroyo i would remove, headshrinker is really nice with distract blow and detect, and might also free the warden slot

7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, good to be here. I'll jump right to it. Since I came back I've made 2 bgs that need improvement, so feel free to critique them!

[​IMG]}
    the idea is to knockback Bane Shift into thunderclops so that the champ loses AP and loses HP due to Static Shock or use Mindstorm and just utilize their melee potential with the UD bonus; Ferren combat awareness guy also is good for madd echoes. Bear in mind, my vision of what Monks should be is based on when I played them on release so probably the champ choice isn't the best. And nvm drain vitality, it's the first deck I made when I came back and I didn't know that it was nerfed.

[​IMG]

Keep tweaking it but so far it hasn't worked too well (although its damage potential is pretty good). Now I'm thinking of just playing FS/KF wizard goodies with a little bit of psychic shenanigans here and there.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Etherielin, MaruXV and Fentum like this.
  8. Fentum

Yes, I might tweak and add SotM and a Ghern Juggler for maximum fun. But right now, this is just BUNNIES.

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

ST/UD KBmonks:
    I like the idea and i see potential there. i dont like emerald, maybe a cleanse storm would be better. you might want to play conjure iceblock, its cheap and spammable and procs charges on librarian.

psycowiz: as I told you before, I think this bg is trying to do too much stuff without a main objective. i dont like the spellfirks and mindshredder. I like a lot the paraforms that get both dmg and the bowmage.
    I would add a firk mask, you need that for amp AND immunity. i would add a dream fairy to gain favor for both kf and fs spells and shattersummoned amped. also the blossom relic isnt that good here i think. why not go for some magicamp? wisp is good, elven mage is good, garu chosen is good (and you might even consider running with revere tirion and run tirion too).

10. Fentum

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 17.57.23.png

This is a rather nasty KF UD Beast deck.

Cheap Champs
    Tanks
    Crazy, crazy damage lerpers with Cloaks
    Spells keep things alive

One can optimise it by moving out of beasts.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

12. Fentum

No answer to deep dive on that map

MaruXV likes this.
  13. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

@Fentum could you bring your bgs to poxlist. I dont know every rune in your bg ideas and would really like to see everything on one page :)

Fentum likes this.
  14. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah. I've only played a handful of games with aquatics and I've been doing ok, almost entirely thanks to Deep Dive. It's pretty silly anywhere but that map saves all the nora/AP you usually have to spend on water gen.

E.g. with a deep diver out you can threaten fonts at distance of any unit's movement + spell range + spell AOE size + deep diver's remaining movement!

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

indeed its really hard to deal with on some maps, and almost completely usless in others^^

16. Fentum

How do I do that?

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

http://www.poxlist.com/

when you put mouse on a rune you want to add to bg, there is a + symbol (blue). click on it and it will be added to your bg. you can see your bg in 2 places: top right BG editor brings to a page where you see all the runes you added, divided by type, and you also have a "copy link" option to get a link to that bg. otherwise in the search part , right of the screen there is the angel of pain with desk. click on it while you search runes to have always under your sigth the runes you added.

fent.gif

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

ps @TakeItOver , our guildie, is the owner and developer of poxlist, so if you find some problems, have some suggestions etc, report to him

19. Fentum

Man that looks like slow work. I make my BGs on line. Don’t fancy doing it twice, but I have named all the runes in that tactics guide for the SPUD deck.

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

not that slow actually, and pretty useful if you want to search champs by ability etc...so if you have an already made bg its annoying but if you have to make a new one is not a big deal