KF Rangers VS SP/ST Meta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Nov 30, 2017.

1. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

Why does noone talk about skills ? Why do i only see ppl talking about some deck is better than the other?

themacca likes this.
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Well, what do you think?

also why do you never talk in any of your games? the times i played you i always say somthing and your stone cold...

would make asking questions and then gauging the skill more easy. im to bad to see the small nuances that might make you a better player. so to me its about the bg power and not who is better. if you could give insight to your games and show that its not the bg but skill, then we could talk about that. join discord?

3. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

By the way I don't think I would lose with a ST deck. 60+ HP champs are never easy to be killed. ST has always been the top faction

Woffleet likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think nobody would deny your skill, tiny. thats not the point. but when you play at high skill level with nep or hermaios, the bg and the draws make a small difference that can make the match lean on on side or the other.

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Die

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

that escalated quickly.

7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I think slayer found a way to beat his rangers judging by their last few games so that should make things more interesting for you tiny :)

Gnomes likes this.
  8. Ballballer

I think Tiny and I may have told each other to die as the entirety of a conversation more than we ever actually talked about anything else.

MaruXV likes this.
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Because it's easy to analyse decks, skills are much weirder and more variable.

Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  10. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

It's also much harder to nerfcall people because of their skills.

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Strategy games are essentially economics. Skill can be simplified to choosing plays that maximize return relative to expenditure (nora, ap/cooldowns, champ exposure). Although some people might be better at making these decisions than others, the choices themselves are limited by the decks we play. Very few players can make a deck look stronger than it is. Many decks can make players appear more skilled than they are.

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ive watched many of the @nepyonisdead & @TinyDragon games of the last 3 days, and may i say its beautiful! i love that you guys are basically perfectly matched and so to win you guys change maybe 1-2 runes in your bg to counter the other every 5 games, then the other changes a rune or two and then again the other looses a few games till they find a counter. really a beautifull thing to wach the competition. hat off to you two!

You can also really see the defferent strengths of the bgs. tiny bg has more summons and is better in the turtle and late game, but the sp/st split has really good initiate with pull/swap/gale so the mid game battles with a mid font usually tend to be nepys but the open maps where their is only waiting, tend to be tinys.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Tiny could murder that initiation via Swiftwind which gives unstoppable in AoE 2. :p

14. Ballballer

Unstoppable doesnt mean you cant be pulled or relocated

nepyonisdead likes this.
  15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It stops gale though, which - when you're using De'lim as your mobility tool - is the most harmful rune to you. I don't think pull and swap are stopped by anything else other than planar bound.

You can blame that on me. :p