ST/FS Knockback?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Godfrog, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

Just wondering if anyone could help me flesh out some fun degenerate kncokback stuff with a split bg in ST/FS any input appreciated

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Hello! Lets analyze a bit what you want to do:

1. do you want an (almost) competitive BG? then i would say play FS/ST meta with best units of both, some of those have KB, and with 2x bracelet and 2x galeforce you can pull out some nasty kb plays.
    2. do you want a little bit of theme? Then lets go FS/ST Monks. You get some tools for them, like silent master, north and south wind (one is the KB one that pulls out impressive KB chains). conjure ice blocks to KB in people.
    3. Do you want to put a little more theme into that? you might play FF FS boghopper monk, I think @Capitulator can share his list that won the creative bg contest in the ongoing tournament. Its a monks bg with a lot of kb effects and marsh fable to create KB obstacles that also proc the north wind spell.
    Otherwise my favourite is FS/ST Collective Monks. Monks are quite wide in range of races, and splitting FS opens up the chance to play the collective rune and have a nice boost on your champs. If you add a yeti painter, and the best start collective into yeti painter, all your monks will have +4dmg+5hp, thats not bad at all. Also its one of the few bgs that allows you to run 2x the collective rune, as you can utilize it to KB people so the second one isnt useless

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Fentum and sWeNibor like this.
  4. Godfrog

Well! I’m glad you mentioned monks. I’ve been playing monks mostly so that would be fun, but I’d love some tips on making it a lot more gimmicky featuring Knockback. I also wouldn’t mind straying from monks, but for the most part, just a semi-competitive viable BG that has a large feature on knocking enemies back into terrain, relics, other enemies or AoEs like Hungry Mire, it seems like a fun way to play.

5. Godfrog

That said I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at all three suggestions.

Fentum likes this.
  6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

could you send me that collective deck? i've been meaning to try something like that for a while now

7. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I don't have the whole list around but Marsh Fable will work in any (split) BG that has class monk on every champion. The illusions proc Northern Wind Discipline just like real champions as well as providing knockback damage.

Also, if you want to get Marsh Fable banned you could start using it to threaten fonts at range by summoning an illusion next to their font then using it to deploy a relic.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

pretty expensive just for an illusion. doesn't st has some kind of better spell that makes 3 of them?

9. Capitulator

Mirrohold spell creates 3 illusions near a champion (and pacifies it). The difference is that Marsh Fable lets you choose where to place the illusion.

For the 25 nora you get your terrain for knockback, and if using Northern Wind Discipline you get 5 damage against each champion for the spell, plus an extra knockback (for an extra 5-10 damage).

Contesting a font works because once your unit is out of AP you can cast at the edge of your spell presence then deploy a relic. So you can contest from about 6? spaces further away, though it is expensive. Mirrohold doesn't have that option.

Both are situational. I think it can be worth it with NWD on 1v2 or 2v2 situations as it can often net you two kills. Pretty useless against IS or Weaken Spells though.

MaruXV likes this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Capitulator likes this.
  11. Godfrog

I like the structure but is it worth running hungry mire for extra Knockback shenanigans, also gale force because Knockback and op

12. Capitulator

Oh yeah, I was saying Northern Wind when it should have been Southern Wave.

Is there enough relocate there to get their champions into position? I see dragging attack on Swift Current.. doesn't ST have Swap which could do the trick?

MaruXV likes this.
  13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yeah, thats something i forgot.

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

actually conclave concordance does same stuff better and potentially at almost same cost, so i dont think they'll fix it soon