Tankiest SP Units

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Pylat, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Pylat

Pylat The King of Potatoes

First off, lemme start by apologizing for not knowing SP runes a little better. I've been back in the game for about 2 weeks, and I've retained most of my prior knowledge, but since that was and is moderate at best, I'm not much of an authority on what runes to use, when, and how.

What I'm looking for however are incredibly tanky units. Ones that are insanely good at taking hits and not dying, either through self-healing or increasing defense, reducing damage, stuff like that. A good example imo would be Silverclan Hoplite. Need I say more? Simply put: 2 DEF, Regen 2, gains ranks of Tough, Enduring Aura (which works just like Tough, but for allies,) and AID DEFENSE. ALMIGHTY AL'MARA , AID DEFENSE...

The only SP rune I know of so far that I am very comfortable with calling a viable tank is Armored Fesh. Meaty 3 DEF, Calcify, and Regen 2 are just great together, not to mention Swap, which can help bring Armored Fesh into places it needs to be and out of places that endanger it. Crowned Sauropod is the only other thing I'd consider a tank, but because it does so poorly in offense and requires plenty of heals to stay alive, it's more of a meat-shield.

Are there any other really tanky runes for SP that I haven't found out about yet?

2. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Symbiot is pretty tanky.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Pylat

Ooh! Regen 3 to heal, Sonic roar to debuff all enemies in melee range, and Absorb to ensure that it takes only one ranged attack per turn. Love it! Definitely on my to-get list.

4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Voil Conquerer is another good one because of Life Siphon.

5. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

Klub:
    Scale armor + an awestruck range attack
    Many of the Cyclops are tanky, Some got tough, some got scale armor, Calcify, Bold and so on. + they work well with (equip) Spike

Ballballer likes this.
  6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Klub is the rune you should run simply because hes so good at tanking AND doing other things. Sometimes he can even tank without doing anything, because the opponent doesnt want to go near him.

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

2x Armoured Fesh
    2x Storm Bunny

Makes a nice cheap core for early double deploys with excellent mobility and tankiness.

Pylat likes this.
  8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ya, usually sp is ok with champs dieing as long as they got value out of them so supertanks are not as ideal as say SL or IS. But symbiot is very good so is terraced slag or mountain slag. The new legendary is also quite beefy.

This is an good all be it not finished list of tanks so has that are worth a mention

Tanks

Legendary
    Chaos Brave
    Cyclops Rockshaper
    Cyclops Symbiot
    G'hern General
    Rockcharger Warbeast

Exotic
    Ancient Slag
    Arroyo Riftlord
    Bloodhowler Alpha - one of the champs that can have an off theme ability and still possibly be meta
    Dirge, Moga Lord
    Goliath Fesh
    Hyaenid Spiritspeaker ~
    Klub the Devourer
    Metallic Slag ~
    Rupture Alpha ~
    The Exile ~
    Voil Progenitor ~

Rare
    Gluttonous Overseer ~
    G'hern Punisher ~
    Thunder Elemental ~

Uncommon
    Terraced Slag

Common
    Armored Fesh
    Calcified Lurker

~ means ivenever played but on paper they do havepotential

The mega tanks from this list are: symbiot, bloodhowler alpha,rockcharger, armoured fesh

sWeNibor likes this.
  9. Pylat

That reminds me.. I need to get a G'hern General... Should I swap it out for G'hern Punisher in my Moga deck?

Also holy crap, Voil Progenitor is expensive but is such a broad SP tank. Mainly supports Voil, but works with Cyclops, Moga (surprisingly well might I add), Beast, and just in general

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Depends punisher focuses more on the dmg commingled from the ghern and general is a better support tank with the flag. But in general idea say go for general. He is also meta worthy