Adaptive KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TheBulwark, Dec 19, 2017.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Man I am totally on an adaptive kick. I have been doing well with forglar adaptive. Here is what I have so far for KF, Fae advocate should prolly be another doombringer, but I wanted to test out more cheap support champs. Not sure what's right and wrong about this, just threw it together last night. I am thinking about Bliss since she has creativity and it could be useful to reduce spell cd. Also not sure about upgrades especially on the aurora elves things. Looking for suggestions and constructive criticism <3.

upload_2017-12-19_10-49-22.png

2. TheBulwark

I'm also a tad concerned of lack of nora gain. Not sure if the spell that costs AP and gives nora is worth running currently

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2017-12-19_17-15-7.png

less champs more spells ;) this is my extreme version with grim mirrors and recall. @Elves Rule has one where he plays only like 9 champs if i remember correctly. not an easy bg to play, but sure it has a lot of tricks

newsbuff likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i would say throne not needed, double guardian not needed, verdant promise needs a dedicated bg (ask @Elves Rule for that, i think he has the best version). advocate is not needed, another spell is better.
    dreamer is ok , in this case i prefer sprite because it has more blocking impact to gain time. bodyguard nullbeast is nice. chained is good, but maybe not enough doesnt proc on doomie and ancestor. 2x investigator definetevly too much and not needed here.

5. TheBulwark

Wow, I have never run less than 15 champs. That's very interesting. I may have to give less champs a thought

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

mulligan makes it doable. its hard to be champless first turn.
    also in my version with grim mirrors you can pull out some tricks with metamorph. like mirroring delim or bliss

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

as.gif

3 delim is better than 1

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Bliss with Centaur Banner would be nice in the deck. Also, you might consider Cultivate the Earth if you run Bliss. The spell is very, very, minor Nora Gen with Favor in play. With Bliss, you can cast it quite often, too.

9. Xirone

Oh yeah, Mother Frond With Spellsurge: Spontaneous Growth makes for cheap spell spam, too.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i run cultivate ;)

Xirone likes this.
  11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

actually i'm thinking about taking it out and doubling anc.anger...

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Just as a note: you don't need more than 1 Fae Dreamer in a deck - she's an ideal x1 auto but acts the same way as Chained Fae - you don't want more than x1 of her.

13. TheBulwark

what does spell burst do again?

14. Xirone

If you mean Spell Breach (Centaur Banner), it gives +1 SPD to all friendlies in 5 spaces when an opposing spell is cast. I can't remember if the buff lasts for 2 turns or 4 turns.

15. Etherielin

2 turns. It also stacks.

16. TheBulwark

That's sassy, is it worth a slot?

17. Etherielin

It's worth in every BG that likes grouping up - it also gives weaken spells in AoE 5 (-5 spell damage) so it's pretty great.

18. TheBulwark

oh, I will try it

19. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-12-19_20-28-53.png

This is my current version.
    I have a more extreme one with less champs and relics.

I prefer dreamer over sprite because that gives me some detection, also offers more value i think. Supporting units and denying him vs just font contesting and small control. Also cheaper.

20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

double verdant promise does not work very well in KF adaptive, i'm afraid, because you're going to have the same 4 units whether your fighting in your fonts or his.
    You also certainly don't have enough spells in here that I would call it adaptive, and half of them are dmg spells, which is counter to the idea of casting losts of cheap spells.
    Also definitely consider grimlic's mirror, it procs an adaptive trigger on the champ that gets deployed too. So basically lets you deploy while still growing.

TheBulwark likes this.