KF meta/phalanx (highlander)

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Dec 19, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

have been working on this for a while.

asd.gif

Nothing new on the board, solid phalanx with nice sinergies and interactions.

1. ambling frond to get a cheap contester/shatter champ. preferred over trickster for tankiness and over vash ranger because we dont play enough rangers.
    2. Angel with abash/regen3. hard to kill, can go solo on side fonts or stay in phalanx to cleanse everybody.
    3. Bliss the muse. (hawk and acolyte). Great unit, more tanky than it seems if they cant stop the healing or oneturn her. If you get her running for a while, all your tools are back before you even notice. Empathy is nice for the formation too.
    4. bard is really really strong. heal mass, revelrie, tempo make her a fast support unit that can dmg too. and useful alt dmg.
    5. strategist good for battlemaster to boost the fomration and for pull to break stalls.
    6. tender gives a lot of utility. empathy stacks with bliss, alt dmg with poison, nexus aura makes everybody almost unkillable. i'm trying her with command heal and tough potion. potion might be reflexes to make her cheaper.
    7. fae dreamer with blockade and dreamstate. gives detect, favor, blocks ap gen. must 1x
    8. nullbeast is a flexslot i'm trying. run with weaken spells and hunter small, it has tough5 vs small champs that isnt bad, and the spell dmg protection is nice to defend the formation.
    9. len/lament is a very nice utility champ. can tank more than it seems with all dmg debuff he has, he gets out nice dmg with aura + altdmg attack. it has unstoppable to combo with combined forces and gain nora advantage in stalled games.
    10. nectar fairy is a great support unit: shroud, abash to keep her alive, cleanse and heal2 for 59 nora.
    11. delim (adaptive and purg flames) he adapts, high range, mass teleport is great, and has a small dispel option.
    12 snakecharmer is just one of the strongest support units in kf. not having many rangers or elves here, im running her with camraderie to get back some nora during the match.
    13. spirit of endurance is a good champ here to defend the formation from behind. sooth serenade and illuminate, but also other options are ok.
    14. corgi ranger no need to say anything, fast, can fight melee, has range, has battleleader.
    15. fiorn is a great charger, strong melee unit, can boost everybody with horn, run with heavy charger and block or battleleader.

16 ancestral anger is a versatile spell to surprise opponent with a melee fighter.
    17. combined forces is not playable at start of match, but can solve long games with its nora advantage. check combo with len/lament
    18. escape magic is nice to save a champ and get it back into combat fast, having a lot of heals.
    19 fan faire is agreat spell to boost hp dmg on spot.
    20 antidote = cleanse. dont forget it gives poison and disease immunity too.
    21 inhibit power is just on of the best spells of kf (and maybe of the game).
    22 reclaim can solve nasty powerturn preparations.
    23 stellar horizon is my choice for aoe spell dmg. have some wizards to proc the secondary effect too.
    big aoe, mgc dmg. i'll take it over nature wrath, we have aurora banner for def.
    24. swiftwind very nice ap gen + unstoppable for nasty tricks with drudgery/ ancestral anger
    25 aurora banner is a very versatile relic. Iron will if you need it, illuminate aoe to detect people.
    26 catharsis bloom to heal up when grouped. remember command heal works on that too, for aoe 12 hp heal
    27. banner
    28. burning oak for alt dmg, inhibit touch, and some kind of on spot dispel with delim
    29 centaur banner to protect formation from aoe spells and similars
    30. horn of order. a lot of support units to hold it

Fentum, Elves Rule and sWeNibor like this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

substitute nullbeast with warspirit. really good vs big guys + dispel so i can run delim with sapping armor instead of purge flames.

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Nice bg there.

How do you deal with crazy fools who rush into your face and apply max pressure before the phalanx is set?

No names, no pack drill...

MaruXV likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

some of the champs here can get their work done to stop the rush, like fiorn, angel, frond. also the phalanx growth its exponential so even a 3 champs one is hard to kill, you don't actually need to build up the full formation. of course if you get to it you are almost invulnerable.
    i think splim maps are worst than rush bgs with this one.

Fentum likes this.
  5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Shall we put that to the test later?

MUWAH HA HA HAAAAA!

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'll be there, give me one hour ;)

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll post my version of this in a bit here. I didn't feel comfortable running a highlander version as tender/SoE are too damn good to be one offs.

Our bgs are quite similar tho, I really feel this phalanx KF bg is quite amazing and requires very little set up to actually get going.

Really funny to see your opponent group up and try and attack only to do literally no dmg, then reclaim them the following turn and further displace through KFs amazing spell set.