Poxbox will close 1st of February

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Dec 21, 2017.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Hi everyone,

I know I have said this before and then it didn't happen because I felt the community needed it. I still have that feeling but this time is different. Why?

I quit my job, sold my house and will travel the world while setting up a non-profit-organisation to support a new field of software development I see emerging which will help the transition from the world we live in now (world of scarcity) to the world of tomorrow (a world of abundance) where working is no longer required to survive.

When I started poxbox I saw a need for automated trading in a way that it would really help the community and support rune availability as I saw this as one of the main problems with poxnora. This has always been the main drive, despite what some might believe.

Since I will start a new community and I can say that poxbox prepared me for what is going to come. The fases of successful underdog, kicking against current structures, competing, becoming the monopoly and inevitably the questioning of my authenticity of intent. Including the invasion of privacy by taking public pictures, memming them and use it as personal insults all based on claims that question my 'authenticity of intent'. It is though to see that your intent never changed but the perception of it does change and people start hating you for it. Never figured out how to revert it and I think it is natural to 'hate' on the monopoly, honestly I question the 'authenticity of intent' of all monopolies as well (google, facebook, politics). But it is different when experiencing it from the other side and it makes it very hard to stay 'true to yourself' because living up to expectations -especially the evil self-helping, screwing others over- ones is easy.

I really enjoyed running poxbox and want to thank everyone for giving me a valuable life lesson.

Practical info:
    The 1st of Feb will close down normal trading, until then everyone has the time to empty their accounts.
    If I didn't find a buyer for the runes by then most likely the runes will go into abyss.
    The payment for the services will stop at the 1st of march. That period in between will let me handle certain things manually.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try to answer them all!

Decondor/Poxbox out!

poinl, ghklf, MrCharles and 6 others like this.
  2. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Sad news. Good luck on your travels.

I for one have gotten great use of poxbox and owe a huge chunk of my collection to your services. Thanks!

3. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

pm sent

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Don't always agree with you, but you've definitely been vital to pox over the years. So long.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Can't agree with this. I know you want to profit as much as possible, but that's millions of runes we're talking about - I suggest that if you don't find a buyer, you could donate the account that stores the runes so that they can be used for tournaments. What do you think?

Tweek516 and Gnomes like this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i dont think its that easy ethe, and in case the only one he could donate it to is probably DoGs...

anyway thanks @decondor for the service, it was a private business so of course you had to earn from it, but helpful for new players to get runes they couldnt trade for. Enjoy the journey!

Gnomes likes this.
  7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

What will your new project be about? does that have anything to do with cryptocurrencies

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

There's no way you could sell that many runes with the game's current level of popularity, might as well just start giving them away to anyone who will take them. Most of us already have all the runes we need so the idea of them going to waste isn't really motivation for anyone to buy them.

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

ya, i also dont completely understand the motivation of having the runes be lost. i mean for dog this is good because buying and trading would proboly increase a minimal ammount but in all honestly we all just buy the new packs and trade for old stuff when we want to try out a new bg.

so i guess my question is, why you would rather let the runes go away then donate them to a believable source? is it out of spite for the haters that thought you only out for the money? because really, a big part of the time its the haters that yell loudest. but large amount of us used poxbox frequently and liked you...

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

First yes I will work with blockchain/ distrubuted ledger tech, but not the cryptocurreny part.

I won't throw away any runes, not that we can except from making shards of it.

The reason for it is very simple: with the forge in place, the need for poxbox is not there any more (some days I dont even do 10 trades). The forge actually helps poxnora as it defines a base-line for prices (that is why poxbox has almost every rune!).
    Poxbox alone is sitting on such a massive amount of runes (can easily take 2 minutes for the rune check-list to load) that removing them might actually make poxnora profitable again for the devs.

Giving them all away would hurt poxnora big time (that is what I personally think). Selling them to a small group of people my have the same effect, with maybe me deciding not to sell anything at all. And indeed I doubt if anyone is willing to take over.

Personally I think letting them go to waste is what is best for poxnora.

MrCharles, Gnomes and Tweek516 like this.
  11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Well, we should just about go ahead and bury the game along with the closing of your site. I for one find your utility 100% necessary to the survival of this game.
    As far as your personal endeavors....LOL good luck chief. That's the problem with this up and coming generation now; people think they can be entitled to free living...bah, the reason things are the way they are now is because someone worked their ass off for it. Apparently you were either born into wealth (see my previous statement) or you hit it rich with something you worked hard for. Either way, adios... Pox is overdue for a shutdown anyways...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Vorian, fogandsteel and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  12. Bondman007

You don't have 10 trades a day because there's only 10 people that play games a day, bro. Game is dead and will be "deader" without PoxBox...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  13. Etherielin

Stop living in some pesimisstic reality - there aren't "10" players left as you put it. If you'd put even a tenth of the effort some of us here do you'd know that the Discord server is doing well and that we're getting fresh and returning blood there.

Letting them go to waste isn't a good idea in my opinion - they could sustain the tournaments for months as participation rewards / prizes. In the worst case scenario just giving your account to @Sokolov or @Senshu might be best.

defypain and attio26 like this.
  14. Bondman007

I forgot the Discord server promotes the financial well being of Pox... my bad... I stand corrected.
    And for the record, I appreciate your efforts to promote the game. I am active with the game despite the fact I rarely visit the Discord. That's how I know that in the PVP arena there are rarely 20 players.
    If it weren't for the single player campaigns (which seems to be the area the PSN people hang out the most) it would be completely desolate. Don't get me wrong, I hope the game succeeds, however, there is a time in which dreams end and reality takes over. PoxBox was a HUGE reason for this games success and with it no longer around this game is done.
    Everyone keeps awaiting this "miracle" patch which isn't going to come, folks. DOG has all but told you that development on this game is over. They blew all their resources on the new client and it was a failure.
    Time to face facts. Sorry, that's just the way it is...

15. Etherielin

I'm online every day from 1 PM till about 4-5 AM and we haven't had a single day which would feature sub-20 PvP players. The average daily span features about 85 >unique< names within the timeframe I'm online in. That's not counting the single player users.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic about Discord, but it >is< taking care of Pox's financial well-being through the players there - throughout the last week Pox has gained at least $400 based on the conversation history - and that's just from 6 users.

PoxBox isn't needed anymore. The rune forge takes care of the exact thing PoxBox provided. The development isn't over. There are others here, who can reaffirm my words.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Pox box is largely irrelevant now with runes being so cheap.

LoserSlick likes this.
  17. Bondman007

Awesome then. We have nothing to fear with the easiest form of rune accessibility shutting down.
    I personally find the rune forge to be inefficient, clunky, and a slow way of getting the runes one desires. However, I will bite. I wish the game the best as I always have. I support it financially quiet often (even when I shouldn't) and will continue to do so when they get this mess cleaned up. I don't play a lot of ranked personally because of the dang "misclick bug that when choosing champs too quickly causes them to move in the wrong direction." Highly frustrating.

18. Bondman007

I completely disagree but whatever...

19. Etherielin

Why do you find it to be inefficient and slow? Buying a single 5k deck gives you 2k shards which can easily build a deck for you. It's anything but inefficient.

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think he means its inefficient to get a deck, get it out of the manager, shard all the 30 runes, and then forge what you need.

Fentum likes this.