Current construct BGs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by jhgh2288, Nov 23, 2017.

1. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

whats everyone running for constructs these days? FF IS, IS/SL, IS SP. I’ve been away from the game for a few years and I’m looking for ideas. IS/SP with cyclops really intrigues me. Feel free to post your BGs. Cheers.

2. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I tried the SP/IS construct deck, but it is so much weaker than my good stuff meta SP deck.

3. Elric

I think one of the very major problems that I'm having with an IS-split construct deck is that the main infantry of my army (Groble Rock Eater, Silverclan Purger, and Valdaci Guardian) all have some aura that damages friendly champs, yet the construct play style seems to be heavily phalanx-based.

You can adjust them by picking another upgrade, but the other options are just not that good and makes them inefficient. Maybe if they had better upgrades?

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I love my IS/SL split, I've been wondering why it isn't more popular since release. Honestly think people are sleeping on how strong Valdaci really are.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Rageband protectors used to b pretty good but I don’t know if that still works.

6. Elric

After lots of playtesting, I'd say that the Construct theme is only for fun. It's definitely not competitive in ranked. I play Constructs now ONLY in unranked because it's basically auto-lose in ranked.

Constructs need a lot of time to set up. It's just something that you don't get in top 100 play.

Most Construct champs being melee with abilities, like auras that hurt your own champs, adds to the weakness of the Construct theme.

It is a fun deck to play in unranked, but play something else if you really want to win.

Fentum likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

tinydragon played is constructs a lot recently and won a lot in top 10. problem is that bg is so slow. 30+ mins everytime. sp/is are rankable too.

8. Elric

Tiny plays MANY decks. He has such skill that he can take subpar decks and win with them. He said that he likes to play weaker decks to challenge himself. He takes a stronger deck, such as KF Elves, into tournaments. I have not seen him play ST recently, but he had mentioned that he does not think he would lose with ST.