How can we help De'lim decks?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Etherielin, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

So I've been experimenting with De'lim decks for the past few days and here are my observations:
    1. Devotee is a major sandbag on most champions - it costs 6 nora (according to PoxPoints) and mostly ends up being a dead ability.
    2. Literally cannot function without a Greenhouse - it reminds me of that time when Treefolk were so bad that the only time they've even remotely functioned was when you deployed a Greenhouse.
    3. Has to tech out of theme for options, which forces you to include theme integration tools, which aren't that efficient at integrating to begin with.
    4. Has too few theme integration tools - you pretty much have to have 1 Seeker.
    5. Has very few non-fire/non-physical damage dealers - alt damage is scarce and it's very difficult to get more sources of it.
    6. Flamewillows and Queens are terrible - Neither actually offers enough power for her nora cost to be useful. They're too over the place.
    7. The spells meant to support them are weak - Overgrowth is really inefficient despite the meat it crates and you'll never take Fuel as a deck slot.

Does anyone have any ideas on how De'lim can be improved?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Back when Overgrowth gave real Saplings, Devotee was nice and triggered often enough. Since the change, however, it seems there just aren’t a lot of sources of real plant champions to make Devotee worth it.

3. Xirone

It would be long down to the road, but a short-lived, super cheap, plant rune would help out. A champion that was meant to die would be useful in theme.

4. Xirone

Sacrificial Sapling
    Artwork: A Sapling has its canopy on fire. It looks frantic. A follower of De'lim is in the background smiling.
    Race: Plant, Treefolk | Class: Warrior | Size: Small
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 30
    Base Abilities: Attack: Physical, Nora Barrier, Short-Lived 2, Vulnerability: Fire*
    Upgrade Path I:
    Death Nova: Fire 3, Fire Aura 3, Flame Nova 3
    Upgrade Path II: Resurrect**

*Vulnerability: Fire might be too good on the champ. With Nora Barrier on, the champ would generate 28 nora each time Flame Siphon (Outcast of the Flame) was used on it.
    **The idea here is that the champion resets its own CD before it is about to die.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Tweek516 likes this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Simplest solution to devotee not triggering is to give trees either a replicate or a split unit. There's likely 1 that could have that reworked to include that. on a secondary note changing devotee to heal when any plant is destroyed & give maximum HP when reals are destroyed would be a good improvement too.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Xirone

Ruthless Enforcer is terrible. Currently, Enforcement Action pigeon-holes the champ into Devotee decks but Devotee of Delim is an upgrade? His damage is low and he is pretty boring to play for the cost.

Ruthless Enforcer- DMG increased from 8 to 10. Devotee of Delim and Vulnerability: Frost added to base. Dodge 1 removed from base. Upgrade Path I becomes Sword Breaker, Zeal: Damage, Multiattack 1. Upgrade Path II becomes Horrific Aura, Resolute, Void Shield.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

fairy harvester in next patch will do enough for delim. there will be complains about delim being too strong as an attrition bg, and it will be nerfed (i foresee this ;)

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

There's a champ with this kind of idea coming in the player made. It's called something like sundappled maple.

Edit: Yeah, here we go: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...view-discussion-protectorate-champions.26392/

Sunrake maple. I wanted vulnerable fire on it for flame siphon and cheapness, but oh well. If it ends up not being good enough short lived should also get on there somewhere.

9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

You know, considering hyeanid flamefist man, a 62 nora 7spd with flameburst might just be runable normally

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

True, although pounce/leap are a huge part in that champ being good.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

62?

12. Elves Rule

Sunrake Maple (KF)

Creator: @@Tweek516
    Race: Plant, Treefolk
    Class: Shaman
    Size: Small

DMG: 10
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-1
    DEF: 0
    HP: 45

Cost: ~62

Attack: Fire
    Death Nova: Fire 2
    Take Root
    Transfer Life 2

U1: Inspire (Default), Grace of the Dead 1, Grace of the Dead 2
    U2: Flamestrike (Default), Flameburst, Fire Eater

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

aaaaah i understood that flamefist was 62 nora...seemed strange to me

14. Etherielin

@Xirone Vulnerability: X ability line is 25%, not 40% now. One Flame Siphon on vuln fire champ gives 12 nora.

Xirone likes this.
  15. Xirone

You’re right (as usual).

16. Xirone

I wonder what the cheapest form of this champ would be? Changes in blue.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  17. Elves Rule

Haha yes, a lot like the sacrificial sapling.
    To be honest though, I think a champ like that is actually better than this one sok is putting in. The short lived 2 I think is something de'lim trees have needed for a long time, and having 6(7) spd and high hp is not something a sacrificial champ really needs.
    Although I will say the nora barrier looks like it could be quite OP, especially if you want to use things like siphoning flame on it too. Depends how much it costs.

18. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Player expansion also has a tree with the greenhouse ability to create real saplings for 20 Nora. =)

19. Etherielin

First of all: HOLY Bane Shift YOU'RE ALIVE!

Second of all: It's not coming with this one from what I recall. Good call though.

Third of all: Come join us on Discord, we've got Sporegills! https://discord.gg/PRESvQn

20. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

It’s on the same list linked earlier in the thread, unless things have changed.

I’m alive... just not as attentive as in the past. Busy and not much going on in The Pox world.

Not sure what I’d do on Discord. Better at writing than conversing. XD