Who here lurks the forums and waits for DOG to do a rank reset and major patch before playing again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Just curious. :)

kussel likes this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Screw resets and patches, I just want a client that's not worse than the old one.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Me, but i dont care about rank reset

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I won’t mind reset I’m at -1000 rank I doubt I’ll be able to find someone

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

-1000 rank just means no rank at all - it's just a visual.

6. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Too many 'and's.

Mostly but not exclusively.
    No.
    No.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

dont care about rank reset, sure i want the new patch (that is gonna be massive) and new expansion (that has some really nice runes).
    client is not perfect but works no badly, its absolutely playable with a little of patience. and if you have no patience, why are you playin Pox, no? ;)

Fentum likes this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

there's a game? I thought this was just an online forum about politics and yelling at people

soulmilk, Alakhami, Tweek516 and 6 others like this.
  9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

because thats the only part you look at ;)

10. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Dogs are pets, they don't do rank resets or major patch.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ya map change and rank reset seam like easy fixes to put some spice in pox life.

MaruXV likes this.
  12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov

- Yeah you have stated you can do some little changes that require minimal coding right? With as little resource consumption as possible I would recommend you just do a quick patch every month to shake up the game/meta. Minor nerfs and minor buffs to forum topic runes and your own spice added in... sometimes LoL rolls out patches with very little actually changing but the "feeling" is that the game is alive and fresh and people log in to play a buffed champ and dump a meta one. Which spices things up

13. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

yup, it has though I realised been almost ten years since this game was popular and good.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As I have mentioned before, while I can do minor fixes on my own, patching is another issue altogether. The short version is that I don't decide when DOG patches because it takes a bunch of time/resources on their end to do so.

If it were up to just me, I'd roll out patches fairly regularly, but that's not how it works.

Part of the reason I requested the map rotation and the quest system was such that even without patches, things could be changed up, but the former still requires a patch and the second we never had time to expand on beyond the very basic implementation.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In other words, all I can do is stack up a whole bunch of stuff to be ready for the next patch so it gets out when it does.

16. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

rank reset or just anything happening to the game to show it's still alive would maybe trigger some playing again.
    now with so few new players, i think adding crazy map theme (as in maybe not perfect balanced and 10years old) for a month would be fun...

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

40 players ranking on evenings and weekends show its not really dead, doesnt it? :)

18. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

yeah not really dead isnt its state but not alive and kicking either
    i did a /who and found 8 names listed now, so maybe iam just in the wrong timezones when loging into poxnora

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

most of the people are up on EU or US evenings, expecially weekends. I dont mean like tons of people, this game has too much a high learning curve it will never have an heartstone - like playerbase. But 20 ranked up, 100ish player doing single player, its not that bad for a game this old and this hard. I'm quite sure that when next massive patch hits in, there's going to be an increase

20. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

let's just be patient and wait for the patch. by the looks of it, it's going to be very big.