Just Monkying around with Monks

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by TheBulwark, Jan 11, 2018.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hey all, I saw the fs/st split monks that have been printed in my absence and thought, this is sweet. They attack the game from such a different angle than most decks and they have their own nifty spells! I have been testing and I really love the fact that they are a midrange deck with 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 ranged attacks with tons of fun relocate shenanigans. I tried both the discipline spells but only the knockback one seems to have any use/synergy with the deck. I'm am still messing around with champs and upgrades, 2xsilent master and 2xswift current are auto include and I would put K'ento in the auto include box as well. Chilling scale is pretty amazing too. There is a lot of versatility and champ choice but I would like to try and fit in some more nokhan do as well for defensive purposes. The main champ I am unsure about is calm as raging tides, as he is just a little squishy and people just tend to avoid enraging him (maybe different upgrades would help). Fracturing Boulder and Firk Paraform are champs I am considering as well I would hate to lose the 1-4 range, pull and leap that calm as raging tides offers (I know fracturing can get 1-4 as well). I am running 2x owl wizardss because I needed some magic damage, there are a lot of summons out there and if you are running St/X might as well have a little OP in there. On a final note, it is great because so many champs are split that you have tons of options and are not limited your inclusions as many decks are. Anyway much more playtesting and fun to go, but onto the deck!

upload_2018-1-11_10-35-13.png

As always let me know what you guys think and if anyone is brewing some similar shenanigans :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    MrCharles and attio26 like this.
  2. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Ferren Master and Khong Monk I would conclude are auto x2.

Ferren Master and Kento provide Freezing aura, allowing all your Discipline abilities to go off. You want as many Discipline abilities as you can reasonably run do to the high DMG output you can gain, and having champs with Frozen Aura allow you to easily obtain these effects.

MrCharles likes this.
  3. Voidtrain

I would also drop keeneye crown and get Furry Hat instead.

4. TheBulwark

Makes sense, I am not going for the disciplines at all currently I don't have anything related to those at the moment. Going in that direction would be a totally different deck than this. If I can get khong monks I would test them. Why would I use furry hat? Just for the prestige? I'm not sure how much dictate actually helps. I just saw providence applies to monks no as well. That could be solid. Star catalog could be good too with all the frost attacks. There actually seem to be quite a few better equips than the keeneye crown now. I will have to review these

5. Voidtrain

I mean, other than the fact that most of your champs have the Monk class, I'm not sure what kind of synergy you are going for. Playing into those combos would just further enhance the deck you have, not change it. Furry Hat is essentially extra ap on an important champ, with Prestige being a healthy bonus. It's better than keeneye crown at the very least, and it's in almost every ST deck.

6. TheBulwark

The sysnergy is more just from swift current and silent master, and the relocation effects. Its not the most synergistic deck, I really wanted to make is as meta as I could

7. Voidtrain

Then you definitely want furry hat and Halberd. Dictates cooldown also gets reduced by silent master

attio26 likes this.
  8. TheBulwark

Ah hadnt thought of that i shall don the furry hat!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. Voidtrain

And you definitely want to run Halberd. You only have banner as a relic, and I think 2 relics is a comfortable amount, as its nice to be able to drop contest fonts.

Halberd further eliminates the need of Keeneye Crown as it provides Precision to an area of champs as opposed to just one, in addition to being able to contest fonts.

10. Voidtrain

This is what I came up with

upload_2018-1-11_14-44-31.png

TheBulwark likes this.
  11. TheBulwark

Looks good. Im trying anchorite for a litte ranged and healing. Do you like nokhan guide she used to be so good. I think she is a little underrated now

12. Voidtrain

I think she might be good. She creates more monks and has discipline ability.

13. TheBulwark

do you know the baby monks stats currently? Also you don't seem to have any ranged units above 4 range, other than stanced K'ento. Arent you worried about that?

14. Voidtrain

I don't know the stats, and I'm not particularly worried about short ranges. I have a lot of relocation, and almost every champ that has dragging attack.

15. TheBulwark

Darn, I wonder if there is a place to find their stats

16. Voidtrain

[​IMG]
    I sent you a screenshot on Discord with the things stats. Actually I'll post it here too

attio26 likes this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

they have a lot of races, try fit in a collective rune. also to be a bit cheesy, try blinding reflection - south wind combo. the illusions proc the spell ;)

Screenshot_20180114-103023.jpg

18. Voidtrain

Oh, I never thought of using Collective! That's a good idea, and I love that rune. Is Arcanist in there just to supplement more races, or is there a particular strat I'm missing with her?

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

race + you lack magic attacks and she gives it to everybody. can be replaced with gold sand or tundra whisperer or similar