Declare Hunted ignores Masochism and doesn't carry over to Bodyguards.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Etherielin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Declare Hunted a champion.
    2. Deploy champions that benefit from Declare Hunted.
    3. Deploy Nefari Guardian.
    4. Bodyguard a declared champion.
    5. Masochism the Guardian.
    6. Hit any champion.
    7. Masochism will transfer all damage EXCEPT for Declare Hunted one. This means that you can end up damaging a Masochism target and still apply DoTs and whatnot on declared target as you deal 4 DMG to it.
    8. Hit a bodyguarded champion.
    9. The bodyguard will only take damage that would've been applied before Declare Hunted unless he's Declared himself. The 4 extra DMG will not be dealt to anyone. The bodyguard also seems to ignore damage from Hunter: X line.

@Sokolov I'll take a screenshot of the bug in action in the next match as I forgot to do it this time.

2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

You're right eth, they should just delete declare hunted from the game. Too many bugs

3. Brightwood

Brightwood The King of Potatoes

isnt it just loss of life?

4. Etherielin

Damage from Masochism and Bodyguard is Loss of Life yes, but the issue here is that:
    a) in case of Masochism the extra damage from Declare Hunted doesn't carry over to the masochism champion in the form of Loss of Life (while the rest of the attack is), meaning you can damage the masochism champion AND the declared target, applying 4 damage to the target and giving it DoTs.
    b) in case of Bodyguard the extra damage you're supposed to deal (from Hunter: X and/or Declare Target) doesn't transfer over as Loss of Life at all, meaning the damage just disappears.

5. Brightwood

Brightwood The King of Potatoes

seems like the problem is with bodyguard then, the masochism sounds working as intended with the non loss of life part transfers while the loss of life part stays

6. Etherielin

But that's not what I said.