Ninja Nerf

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Whirling Quarry just jumped to 82 nora, I am not sure its worth running anymore, I have decided to drop 1 in favour of an Aspect of Chaos.

2. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

But Quarry and Chaos do two very different things. 82 from 80 is not a big jump and seism is still very worth it.

3. Voidtrain

I would really like you to elaborate on how something going up by 2 nora went from being auto to unplayable.

4. Vorian

Its not unplayable but its just not worth x2 spots anymore. Believe it or not a nerfr of 2 nora can change a rune from tier 1 to tier 2. Its still x1 auto though...

5. Voidtrain

Its cost went up by 0.025%

6. Vorian

Yeh but now its 2 nora harder to deploy. You will probs have to save up 2 turns to deploy it most of the time from now on. Normally I could afford to deploy a Whirling Quarry once every 3 turns with nonstop deploying. I guess the question is if you had to wait 2 turns to deploy would you rather an Aspect of Chaos or Whirling Quarry?

7. Voidtrain

Whirling quarry is relic counter, Chaos is not.

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I can't remember the number, after adjusting for the faction bonus, but there's a break point in the high 60's. Below it, you can double deploy as 2nd player. Above, you can't. That's about the only break point where 2 nora might make a difference. Agree 80 to 82 isn't.

9. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

is it a seism nurf or quarry nurf?

10. Voidtrain

It seems to be just an increase to Quarry, as Chipped Boulder and the likes didn't go up.

11. Voidtrain

I wouldn't deploy Quarry unless I was hitting a relic regardless, so I see that as bit of a moot point.

12. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I'm really surprised that this happened.

When the nerf to Frigid Barrier didn't go through in the last patch, Sokolov said it would have to wait until the next patch. But, if he can just make changes like adding Nora to Whirling Quarry, I don't see why he couldn't adjust Frigid Barrier's Nora cost now, instead of waiting until the next patch.