"buffers"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, Feb 5, 2018.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Buffers need a life span or a duration added to them. 6 turn duration or hp leak every turn, no nora reduction on spells or ability that grant this condition. Buffers are not healing, and dispelling aura dose not exist so Buffers have little counter play. What if buffers where dealing damage instead of acting like a bodygaurd.

Looking at Buffers in reverse:

ability bubble: at 4 range you could cause 10 loss of life every 2 turns for 5 ap.

spell bubble of protection: for 40 nora target champion losses 35 hp.

The buffers need to leak hp like target dummy, or just have a turn duration.

Another comparison would be if repair granted 5 more hp, granted more max hp, did the whole thing without healing and could be used on any champion.

DiCEM0nEY and Kampel like this.
  2. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Escalation needs a leak too. How about Mercenary?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

i like the leak option

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But why? Damaging abilities will always be stronger than healing and defensive abilities.

Ballballer likes this.
  5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

They aren't. Look at divine favor vs dark favor.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You just proved my point. Damage > Healing is exactly way DH heals more than DF damages.

7. DiCEM0nEY

Yes, that sounds like a bargain.

8. OriginalG1

How are they not equal? By using a buffer you are, in fact, making harder to kill your champ. If x amount of nora would have killed your week ass champ normally, a simple buffer could double the amount of ap needed to kill a champ or cause you spend nora you did not budget for trying to get kill.

Defensive abilities encourage super champs, draw win play styles, and turtling game play.

You know what is better then spending nora and the ap of 3 champions to try to damage a bubbled army? Not having any of champions stopped because they all have buffers, self healing, external healing, possible cleansing, possible good defense.

Like I do not know why everyone hates decay this much. I feel like Gedden was like, how can I heal but get around this annoyingly weak anit healing? I know a buffer! It will be a spot body guard with unlimited range and a cool down of two!
    ...and the fs buffer, it will be the bluffest of all buffs. Dose the sl bonus affect the buffer, dose defense affect the buffer? Who cares we want champions that live forever!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You can use damage to prevent healing. Healing something will not prevent it from being damaged.

10. OriginalG1

Buffering literally prevents damage.
    it is not healing, it is a spot bodyguard with no range or time restriction once cast.

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

What in the absolute **** are you smoking if you think divine favor is better than dark favor and healing is better than damaging in general

This is what happens when a game loses its top vets

12. OriginalG1

I have gotten slightly off topic myself, This is about buffering, not healing.

13. DiCEM0nEY

Because once you get past the meme of "look at dat crazy damage yo" you realize much of dark favor is wasted on units regening it back, heals, etc.

Then you have a unit with 400 buffs on it where if you can kill it you win the game, but you only deal 1 damage per turn, and 3 hp makes a huge impact, since you aren't going to be killing it in one turn anyways (assuming you can't use % life loss)

Also, isn't divine favor literally less nora as well?

14. DiCEM0nEY

Devils advocate: what do you think of changing targets, and how does that effect a shield' s value?

15. DiCEM0nEY

If you are talking to me, yes I understood that when I made that post - my point was divine favor is much better than dark favor in most games, due to actual in game circumstances. You stated damaging abilities will always be stronger, but divine favor is much stronger than dark favor - it leads to a higher win %

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You recycle your argument over and over. We get it. You love FW and you hate healing and then please nerf healing. I blame ST it is all ST's fault and Sok for buffing ST all the time. Just nerf ST.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

You aint using Dark Favor correctly bruh...

greed4blood likes this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Wait isn’t divine favour 3 12 hp heal and dark favour 3 9 damge .. just clarifying

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@OriginalG1 are you really saying that 10 hp buffer is strong you do realise that fairy need buffer because if they have lower than 10 hp they loose fairy flight right?

Average damage on a unit is 11/12 much more than what a buffer is I agree it takes more than 1 hit depending on Defence but still it purpose is to stall the game till you get opportunity to counter strike.

20. OriginalG1

Buffer is never alone though, it stacks with everything defensive. Block, dodge, divert, defense, ni-can-do, oblivion shield, terra shield, healing, majestic, elusive, another buffer in two turns after it was cast.

Give vothiars majestic and a buffer and he is rage mode. If SL ever gets a buffer champ good luck. What if FW had a king maker and and that dark knight you faced ended up having 25 extra health from buffers and banner, and that was just his 1st life befor immunity magic and life siphone? The buffers get really nasty in combo with other defensive abilities and healing.

The amount of buffer to dispel ratio is imbalanced, and really dispel should become an upgrade option on every champion that is missing an up grade option.

Maybe buffers are not ouns of kiergana with no shrine destruction but the idea of a 2 turn ability that lets you set up camp with no hp seep like target dummy is crazy. Maybe bubbles should be space restricted similar to body gaurd.