The rush faction

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 10, 2018.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Hi y'all,

KF is largely regarded as the rush faction. While I get that the bonus is +1 speed, in reality there are some ways to play kf that are not as fast.

Most KF decks are very fast paced though. Do you consider low scalability as a defining aspect of your theme, or do you see them as more well rounded?

What are the pros and cons of KF?

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

If you have hard time vs sl Dice, you are not going to have a good time with kf.

3. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Who considers KF the rush faction? That's UD m8

MaruXV likes this.
  4. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

No idea what makes them good and I'll preface this by saying I'm not all that great or consistent a player myself. However for my two cents I get my ass kicked by pretty much anyone with a decent Treefolk deck unless i manage to make a couple anti-spam plays and I seem to hold my own against anything else. I've also lost pretty badly to the last couple faeries decks I saw but it's been a long time.

Just in my observation Treefolk seem to be a much more defensive and slow-build up theme than the 7 speed would suggest. While Faeries clearly aren't meant to be the frontline brawlers I usually look for to indicate there's a rush coming I also don't think they don't excel if the game drags on to any kind of length. So to me it seems like they tend to be in the market for either early or midgame wins.

Oh yeah and Garu I've seen played pretty aggressively. Maybe Garu or Elves are a bit more of a rush theme?

Anyway that's just my two cents.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This. KF is the mobile faction.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Kf the magic and physical damage faction

7. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

This.

8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

KF is definitely more well rounded than you seem to think. It really just depends on what runes you use about whether you want to rush people or build up or whatever. I have both a garu bg that loves to fight when there are only 3 champs out with a load of ap gen, and a phalanx deck that will give up mid font to buy more time to reach lategame.

I'm not sure why you think they're the rush faction, probably just because of the old solitary garu bgs that used time slip and protection.

MaruXV likes this.