Please change Manic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Feb 19, 2018.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Manic one of those abilities I just hate running because one bad position can cause such a problem for you.

I was thinking it be great if manic was similar to homing sense where it only activates when within the range of an opponent.

Manic: If this unit has a range of 1 it moves 2 spaces when there a opponent within 8 spaces.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Stop

Vorian and themacca like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

It should not trigger when it has already made an attack that turn.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

manic is strong but hard to control, and its ok like that. really, its not one of the things that needs to be changed

Fentum likes this.
  5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Manic is very strong but has the potential to wreck your champs if the opponent positions cleverly. I like that. It’s thematic and interesting tactically.

And my Gobbos love it.

6. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Stop

Fentum and themacca like this.
  7. Michael

Give manic a free attack at the end of turn without movement
    OR
    Give manic movement at the end of turn without a free attack.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What destorum said

In case you don't remember

Xiven and Etherielin like this.
  9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

but the point of the ability is the second attack, without the 2nd attack, its just wandering.

10. Michael

How about a name change as well?
    Maniac

11. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Manic is a normally positive ability with drawbacks. It's supposed to be that way.

When on the offensive, moving and getting a free attack is an extremely powerful ability. But the drawbacks are that it's harder to run away, you could move through damaging terrain, you could move off a font, you could attack someone with Granite Bracers or Counter Attack, etc.

I would understand making it only trigger if there is an opponent within 10 (or some other number of) spaces, but it's not something that absolutely must be changed.

Xiven likes this.
  12. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

It's worth remembering that Manic is 15 nora. Think it's fine as is.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Actually I think manic having like 4 range would be cool, without the free attack. Or, costing a ton more. Just an idea. I kind of understand how it can be opressive with little downsides, especially on the kf teleport rune.

14. DiCEM0nEY

Well, you are gaining 2 ap every turn, attacking an extra time per turn, without almost no downside, so I wouldn't say that it isn't worth 15 nora. The reason manic seems weak to some ppl imo is that there are certain champions which have really bad synergy with manic.

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Which champs? I find manic useful on all the champs I’ve run with it. Which, admittedly, is not a super large number.

Apart from when the crazy 2x2 target square muppetry kicks in.

16. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

This is interesting because manic is one of the least impactful mechanics in the game in my opinion.It isn't a deciding or constraining factor to, well, anything. Where is the reasoning behind a change?

17. DiCEM0nEY

Believe it or not I was actually talking about the zombie with manic and lumbering in FW. thing has lumbering and manic, which should make it awesome, but it has rabid which doesn't work with manic (and sort of isn't good on lumbering), and Hunter disease / disease aura / so many things which kind of wish u had a different skill.

zenadel and Fentum like this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

15 Nora for a ability that only good when your close is expensive considering you pretty much have wondering
    there is a downside you have no control at the end of your turn you could loose your font or worse accidentally drop into a chasm which happened to me numerous times

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

K, let's put this puppy to rest.

Manic is strong

It costs 15 nora

This is a reasonable price

Bad players are bad

Good players are good

Bad players don't know manic's movements

Good players do know manic's movements

Now.stop.

Fentum, Etherielin and themacca like this.
  20. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

How's law school?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.