The Laboratory - Poxnora Creative BG building Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by MaruXV, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

SL is the only one with Mutation abilities. It's not exactly tribal mutants, but that is next on the list.

And @MaruXV charges aren't going away, but the way they work will change

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

true that.
    actually reading again the charges rework, mutate might not change a lot

3. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

From what I understand, Mutate probably wont change and Mutation will have built in supercharged or something along those lines.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i uploaded a couple of new bgs on poxlist, do that yourself guys so we can share knowledge (and fun).

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I have lost my mojo.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

here's your mojo [​IMG]

Fentum likes this.
  7. Fentum

@MaruXV Sorry but my in game chat doesn't work at all. And I still lost my mojo. But thanks for trying, young man.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

hey buddy np ^_^ mojo will come back, im sure. pox is like that, you can part for a while but then it calls you back.

9. Fentum

@maru I got it back by bringing back an Ireguard into the deck. Stomping works well for my mojo.

MaruXV likes this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2018-4-21_0-3-0.png
    working on this mikelin idea, rework of princeleaf's bg

L33Ch and Fentum like this.
  11. Fentum

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 10.29.32.png

Here's a nice KF SP BEAST deck that has been working rather well. It is the most like an 'army' BG that I have ever used. Each champ is fulfilling the function of a type of army unit.

Here's how it works...

Colossal Boa. TANK. Very cheap at 63 for double deploy turn 1. Soaks up lots of damage. 1-2 range utility.

Faeguard Nullbeast. TANK. Soaks up attacks. Offers widespread spell protection

Forest Lerper. COMMANDO. Equip with Scythe of Gore and cause mayhem.

Doombringer. SPECIAL WEAPONS. Use metamorphosis to deal with super champs.

Moga Cannon. ARTILLERY. Deploy late to back up tank. Blast attack very useful vs two champs crowded round 2x2 TANKS

Ospryian. RECON. Deploy when detection required, or for distraction of nasty abilities

SotM. COMMAND & CONTROL. Equip with Horn of Order. Nuff said

Storm Bunnies. SCOUTS. Very cheap at 63 Nora to mix with Boa. Get them out early. Double deploy

Avalanche. Simple damage finisher
    Escape Magic. Target Forest Lerper to retain equip, or any tank. Boa has Regen so works well on that
    Herbal Antidote. Prefer this over Cleansing Emerald as it Procs adaptive and offers poison / disease immunity. Cheaper too.
    Inhibit Power. Stops nasty stuff until the Doombringer appears. Can often stop detection to protect Lerpers
    Magnify Beast. Very nice utility. Stop any dispels with Inhibit Power, Echo Chamber, Doombringers. Tanks and scouts have damage reduction so every hp is worth two or so. Good after Escape Magic
    Nub's Pies. Similar to Magnify Beast but helps a bunch of champs. Good after Escape Magic
    Protection. Good utility for 1 v 1
    Reclaim. Works well vs lots of champs fighting the tanks
    Vertical Push. Good utility. Finisher, font control, pseudo shatter
    Whispers. Good utility.

Echo Chamber. Damage plus distract
    Rock Trap. Surprise effect. Whispers, Reclaim and Rock Trap can really mess with an opponent

Oak Seed. Counter fire, alt damage, utility inhibit vs heal and regen
    Horn of Order. Excellent utility. Gives SotM something to actually do. Can run on tanks or Ospryian if required
    Paper Wings. Surprise attack. Often on tanks or SotM summon
    Scythe of Gore. Brilliant on Lerpers. Very occasionally on Bunnies

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    MaruXV likes this.
  12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

What's the point of the last 3 relics? ( I don't know what they do/are)

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

tribe hut i think gives something to cyclop syblings, and the moga tower creates some mogas when mogas die. i think. but the point is that they are preordained, so those 4 together with chained fae means your bg is made out of 24 runes instead of 30. more consistent draw of lerpers and spells. the last 2 runes also are not relics, are the "betrayal" equip that makes your champ do an additional attack at no cost, then its passed to an enemy champ. its very important for 1 turn shrine kill.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Makes sense

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the lab is back mf ers! ;) lets the party begin

Gnomes, L33Ch, Woffleet and 1 other person like this.
  16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2019-10-30_17-14-25.png

having some good results with this. very solid (pun intended)

17. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yep, that's one way to completely nullify dmg from everything but Loss of Life. It seemed that when I played IS/FS players and spectators would get very upset with me because of Hymn/Bubble...so much so I would get messaged after the match by spectators telling me not to play the bg anymore. Playing Soulsphere is like adding salt on a wound

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I was feeling nostalgic lately and decided to bust out this old deck of mine.

upload_2019-11-2_21-49-20.png

The basic idea revolves around Snapteeth and Soul Frost. Since Snapteeth get ranks of Multiattack due to their racial, Soul Frost lets them pump out massive amounts of nora. Chronomancer is the linchpin, allowing you to cycle Soul Frost off cooldown as fast as possible. Because you'll be gaining so much nora, keeping charges on her won't be a problem. Haste is also a great ability to let your Snapteeth attack more often.

Splitting with ST also brings some other nifty tools, like Coordination Tower (more attacks = more stacks of Encouraged) and Everfrost Manacles (more attacks = more extra damage). The catch is that Soul Frost requires the target to occupy snow or ice on-cast, so Rimeweaver with its Orb of Frostfall effect is necessary. It kinda sucks in all other respects; Lethargic and Vilify are sandbags, but if you take the Adaptive upgrade it actually gets some respectable damage because of all the spell spam you'll be doing.

I'm still experimenting with the best champ lineup. The last time I played this deck was when the ranged Snapteeth had the racial as well, so it's been forever. I still use the ranged ones just because an all-melee deck doesn't sound very appealing (and because some of the melee Snapteeth are too bad to justify running 2 of them), but Ancient and Dusk Shaman aren't bad by any means, especially when buffed up by Domain: Snow.

I'd say it's a pretty decent deck overall.

MaruXV likes this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

seems pretty interesting. still not sure that the amount of nora you get from that is worth having a bg around it... i mean probably just chronomancing marsh song would be more efficient and works also when you are not fighting. but i might be wrong so let me know how it goes ;)

20. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Marsh Song is better in a more defensive bg. I actually used this combo in another deck with Chronomancer and Wish to spam Flag of Unification on all the opposing champs, with Marsh Song being the nora gen due to that deck's passive playstyle. The Snaptooth variant is more aggressive, and while the nora gen is absolutely absurd, it's a bit map-dependant. On larger maps that favor either multi-font battles or turtling it doesn't do as well because there's less fighting. But on maps with a key central font to battle over this deck really shines. Marsh Song is also a larger tempo hit than Soul Frost, not only because it's 10 nora more expensive, but because you have to wait 3 rounds before you get your initial investment back, whereas with Soul Frost you'll most likely make up the 20 nora you spent on it on the first turn. Any nora you get after that is a net positive. Additionally, how many times do you see fights get disengaged after they start? Especially ones between melee champs. Personally, it rarely happens. Usually when 2 melee champs meet, they brawl until one or the other is dead. And melee Snapteeth are great brawlers due to their racial. Soul Frost augments these extended fights by ensuring that even if you lose the battle, you come out far ahead in nora, sometimes even managing to recoup your lost champion's entire nora cost.