Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PoxBot, Mar 13, 2018.

1. PoxBot

PoxBot I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Dagda likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Settlers is my game. Pretty much every family gathering on both my side of the family as well as with the in-laws eventually culminates in some sort of "Hey lets try to beat Markoth at Settlers". They have all gotten rather good but I still hold about an 80% w/l against them.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have Lords of Waterdeep and Betrayal at House on the Hill. My favorite though is Kingdom Death: Monster. I don't own it, but I've been playing it with friends.

soulmilk and PoxBot like this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

is there a way to play any decent board games online somewhere?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

6. Sokolov

In general, I'd recommend:
    • Suburbia
    • Tokaido
    • Race for the Galaxy
    I also love Innovation but that's a tough one to recommend because it's such a mess sometimes and you really need someone who has lots of experiences to walk you through what's happening.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you can use r20 for any tabletop but not necessarily board'd games. a couple years ago now we had a r20 DnD group that had a r20 mordheim group offshoot

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Tabletop Simulator has a lot of games on it as well. Since I can't meet in person with some of my friends as we've moved across country, we play games on it occasionally.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

We typically play just the base game or with the 5-6 person expac. My family has the seafarers and the knights expac. The Seafarers one is really good. The knights are kinda complicated. Never tried any of the others.

10. Sokolov

I really enjoy Thru the Ages, but it takes so damn long in real life. Playing it on boardgamearena is way better.

11. Sokolov

The thing I like about boardgamearena is that it auto does all the tedious stuff like set up, math, etc. Does tabletop simulator have functionality like that yet?

12. Sokolov

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I played rebels for a change
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    many bothans died

started out with 6 small ships, a flotila and 3 squadrons.
    ...only the flotila and squadrons made it through to the end.
    I blame my admiral dying when a critical hit made his ship lose all it's shields while inside the firing arc of the victory class star destroyer.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    PoxBot likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you look you can find scripted versions of some games Kingdom Death has a scripted version that makes it easier to play than the real thing.

soulmilk likes this.
  15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@PoxBot I am mostly an old school gamer. A few picks from me would be...

GLOOMHAVEN... very elegant dungeon crawl
    MAGE WARS... it's the closest thing to Pox Nora in a boardgame.
    ADVANCED CIVILISATION... old school 1980s original civ builder. Fantastic group game that takes 12+ hours

16. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Kingdom Death: Monster is Amazing! Been playing it on Tabletop Simulator and hoping to obtain it in real life.

I am pretty new to board games myself. Just bought a bunch less than a month ago to play with family for easter. (Catan, Splendor, Hanabi, Mykerinos and Casa Grande.)

I am a huge fan of Miniature Board Games. I have backed on kickstarter Rum & Bones: Second Tide, Dark Souls, Massive Darkness, Mythic Battles: Pantheon, Epic, Star Realms, Hero Realms, Karmaka and I am waiting for A Song of Fire and Ice, The Edge: Dawnfall, Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress and Sorcerer to be delivered.
    I may have a spending problem when it comes to kickstarter. I will likely not be able to resist to back the new Batman board game.

I have also made a postcard board game that should be coming out on kickstarter later this year.

17. Sokolov

I'll say :D

soulmilk likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Postcard? What does that mean?

19. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    I hope this clears it up.
    This is the previous game from my publisher. It makes them able to sell games for 1$ plus 1-2$ shipping fee.

Vash Dragneel likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Oh, wow, I have never heard of that concept. That's neat!

Hmm...
    I have a mech game I have been designing that might work very well in this setup...

Vash Dragneel and soulmilk like this.