Forglar Swamp why do we suck it so hard together?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by MrCharles, Mar 23, 2018.

1. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

It's always been a bit of the mystery me as to why I've never advanced to the barely functioning alcoholic level of aptitude with the Forg Swamplers as I have with all of the other factions here and there over the years. Part of this is probably that I despise the counter spell rune (can't even recall the name right now) and I'm not ever really sure why. As a Magic player many decades ago I played nearly exclusively blue control decks and it got to the point I may have completely burnt myself out on ever being able to competently pilot any theme remotely simmiliar in any other card/board game for the rest of my existence. Just as a FYI i think I may have completely burnt myself out on playing Magic The Gathering for the rest of my life as well.

2. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

Forglar can be hard to pilot when you run up against decent players. It pretty much obliterates everybody at the lower levels because of some insanely strong spells and nora gen but at the higher levels this is offset by very squishy champs for the most part (ignore kisser and enforcer). It's a balancing act that requires a delicate touch.

MrCharles likes this.
  3. MrCharles

Good insights. I appreciate you sharing because it gives me a few ideas as to where I can make improvements. In fact, I am going to practice touching myself delicately right now.

4. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

If you want to improve with forglar you need to start thinking in terms of short term gains instead of long-term gains like you would with other factions. FS is what we call resource-low, meaning pound for pound your champs will fall to other champs - so don't do this. Keep a bare minimum number of deploys on the field to do what you need to do in the given situation, stock up your nora for spell spam obliteration. Try to win quickly, but this doesn't necessarily mean you need to rush every time.

MrCharles likes this.
  5. MrCharles

That makes sense and would help to explain a big part of the reason I've struggled so hard with FS. I rarely stack up for spell spam and feel uncomfortable without a decent amount of champs out. For the next few months at least my workload is such that I'll lucky to find fifteen minutes a week to do anything besides work and kids but I'm going to give it another go with your advice when my work load lightens up again. Assuming Pox is still around whenever that happens.

6. krazydee444

krazydee444 New Member

wow.. I can't believe this game still exists. So pinging champs doesn't crush anymore? This was the deck that showed up when I logged in.. after what seems like a decade. Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 3.31.55 PM.png

Capitulator likes this.
  7. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

You'd care to elaborate? im playing boghoppers and i find myself deploying several champs positioning and then just couple of spells.

What spells do you spellspam? most of my spells are utility like marhs song, bubble, backfire, cleansing mist. And the agresive spells i use you cant spam, like pygmy hippo, drown, font eruption (is very situational), Rever blast.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think the main reason FS has a hard time now is because the developers have always had this intense bias towards buffing Savage Tundra to ridiculous levels.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  9. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i got destroyed by hoppers today, couple times before that recently too. if boghoppers are played well they are devastating. outside of hoppers but still in fs, they have no problems winning really. they have all they need, not sqishy at all with the right units.