Is it just me, or...

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Woodenscales is actually viable with the current meta/runeset available to K'thir....
    :thinking:

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Really? Why do you think that's the case?
    The only use I can see for it is as a 20 nora 20 hp relic for contesting.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

4. Elves Rule

Do you find that wooden scales actually stops people from playing spells, or do they just ignore it and so you get huge def advantages?

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bit of both most of the time, and if you're casting spells and trying to one round through Enduring Aura/NexusAura/WeakenSpell (also paired with fae dreameater's dreamstate/Tough applied through skinstone potion) you're gaining huge advantages off even 1/2 spells cast, if they wise up and don't cast spells you move your phalanx up and dominate the map, and you're able to transfigure early with the right set up and completely snowball with your avatar.

There's also enough soften in the bg to make your dmg actually worthwhile, so you're never really at a point of just mindlessly advancing forward with no kill potential, admittedly this bg has a slight issue with set up, but the units (most of them are stand-alone decent ish) can usually hang until you've got Tender/SoE out, once you've got those two runes, that's more or less it. Then you go full swing attrition with an unkillable set up

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    guokamoli54 likes this.
  6. Elves Rule

Ah so do you only run it in phalanx?
    I will admit, I barely cast spells when I run it because you can't really afford to slow down champ deploys until you build up a few units of the phalanx.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah, I feel like you'd get smashed otherwise. Everything just works so well in conjunction with one another.
    If you can come up with something that's not phalanx with wooden scales let me know, I don't really want to test anything else out as this has worked wonders.