My BG List

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

A current list of the stuff I've been playing if you're looking for any inspiration!

ranked from meta to fun! Let me know if you want a rundown; or any other info on the BG's.
    :)

Centuar Cmd.png

Archers.png

Garu.png

Soften.png

Woodenscales.png

Elf Meta.png

Old Meta (ish).png

KF Speed.png

Thirion.png

Naria.png

MORE VIDEOS BELOW (2 replies down) hit upload image limit o_O

Ive made a video thread as well for videos on how to use the BG's
    forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/karmavores-videos.30140

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Tweek516, blake, Fentum and 4 others like this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you really like elven artesan, dont you? ^_^

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Best rune in KF! Never leave home without one.

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

PART 2 because apparently I'm only allowed 10 images.

Bliss N Friends.png

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Still waiting for that frond bg

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Just popping in to say I'm glad to see @Karmavore here! Cheers.

7. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Awesome. I finally have a nice window to play in tonight for the the first time in weeks and I didn't want to devote all my time to deck-building (not that I don't love that aspect as well). Now I can just hijack your BG's and maximize my play window :).

What's been working the best for you?

Easiest to Pilot?

Hardest to Master?

Most Stamina in the Sack?

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Hmm, well.

Easiest to Pilot would have to be CMD Centaur, the theme itself is mostly rangers but you generally use the Centaur Commanders as the main piece focusing power turns around the warlord ability. BG handles easily enough by itself but the dmg numbers get quite huge if you play around them.

After that I'd say the Soften BG since your main objective is drop as many soften units as possible while using the utility champs (Woodchuck/Vindicator/Elder Grizz/FaeGaurdNullbeast/Vicars) for the main fight, each of the listed have their own purpose, shouldn't be that hard to figure out considering they're all fair unique aside from Bear/Nullbeast. But once you field 2-3 soften units you're hitting like trucks with fairly low dmg uphold. I will say SoE's are your best choices next too Enchantresse's for early soften, page obviously after some dmg has been done.

Hardest master:
    Quite easily woodenscales, the bg itself is designed to counter spells, but not necessarily the in fashion you'd expect. You still want your opponent to drop spells, but you gain massive advantages off that from the relics ability, if you have both out it's -2def global every spell cast, and with the design on of this bg being centered around phalanx you're sure to never really feel the pain of the spells, while punishing severly for using them. Tons of negative equip for added annoyance and -def/ability strip. Tenders/SoE are your main focal points when deploy, get them out as soon as possible and build the phalanx early. Make sure to always use Stoneskin potion on the frontline of your phalanx and laugh while they deal no dmg to you.

Honorable mention would be my version of a meta BG, high nora cost units with some cheap meat thrown in, but it's play style is quite different from most you'd expect in KF.

Most Stamina in the sack (as quoted by you :p)
    I'd say the Meta/Woodenscales bg's - super high reward once the bg's focus is met. One is High DMG/HP units with their own unique function and scaling potential. Other is more or less unstoppable phalanx push with little counterplay once set up.

As for the others, they're kinda backround project bg's I'm fiddling with, not sure what to really build for in archers, it's not that easy to get enough of everything in the bg while not focusing on heavy range the whole way.

The Thirion bg is just a fun bg, super hard to use but once it get's going it's really strong. Super draw reliant. Not something I'd call competitive.

9. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Awesome breakdown.

Thanks again, Canada. Golden gifts like these are the reason Trump has never threaten to build a wall across your border and then tell everyone you are going to pay for it. Also he hasn't thought of it yet.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

;) No worries man. Gl!

11. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

Hello. I'm trying to make an archer bg but i'm kinda lost in the spell area since i dont play a lot of kf. Do you mind telling me what spells, relic and equips you got in your archer bg since i dont recognize the pictures.
    I only know grimlics bane, cleansing emerald, banner, thorn trap, and the equip that gives 10hp, blessed and 1 rng. Also i know all champs except the one between blademaster and strategist (i think its page but not sure) and the 2 that are right to the strategist.

thanks in advance!

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll list some things you'd want to include and others you could depending on your list, how deep you went into the archer theme.

Ancestral Anger (Auto - Turns ranged into melee, can be used on the opponent if need be)
    Bullseye (Auto ONLY if you're running more than 5 archers, otherwise more or less a wasted slot)
    Carnivorous Vines (Auto - Free disengage, lockdown, cheap spell may force more expensive cleanse)
    Devolve (Good, but not auto - Lockdown for 3 turns.)
    Fan Faire (Auto - If you have it)
    Fire for Effect (Auto - Quite obvious)
    Grimlics Bane (Auto - spell finisher, high value on more than one target)
    Inhibit Power (Auto - KF's best spell)
    Naturalize (Really good utility spell, auto for me in most bgs as it doubles as relic/summon hate over a large AoE which can get into places most spells cant.)
    Reclaim (Good if you can pair it with Carn vines for additional lockdown - best used after a nice power turn or when they've over-extended and are rushing)
    Strategic Retreat (Good, free disengage + heal - Extended into double tap range, pull back out with spell after finishing champion)
    Swiftwind (Really good, active Ensnared/Rooted cleanse - +1ap for surprise power turns/unstoppable for pushing forward.)

That's more or less what you could include, I'll leave it up to you!

greed4blood likes this.
  13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Oh the equip is centaur banner btw.

14. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

What about a Delim bg ???

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm messing around with a list right now
    Not sure if it's best to go with full Elf De'lim or Naria focused. Or a hybrid of the two.
    I'll post something when I've got a decent bg.

16. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

Yea i am too

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Downloaded OBS, going to be doing some recordings :)

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Gonna hijack the thread a bit and post my decks.

@greed4blood
    [​IMG]

@Scrijordan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    greed4blood likes this.
  19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Uploaded some games, links in the FP. :)
    Let me know what you want to see more of!

guokamoli54 and MaruXV like this.
  20. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

I'm not criticizing but in some games the fps go down or it lags or something. just letting you know in case you havent noticed.

I'd like to see more archers hehe. Great job and keep it up :)