How Long do we have to wait till planar is forgable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Apr 29, 2018.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I’m curious if Devs have already considered making it forgable since let’s face it the next expansion not gonna happen.

Let us enjoy the last expansion before the game closes down for good. Also make purchasing of old LE cards and special skin forgable ( including harbinger, fan fair , all the giving trees ) with exception of the 2 LotC skins.

2. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

can i forge your moma in LE?

Alakhami likes this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

ppl still playing this?

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'm more curious about who he is speaking to with the ability to make changes to pox.

At this point there is a 100% total shutdown and lock out of community interaction, the one dev we can interact with i.e the lead developer Soko claims to have no idea of what is going on, let alone the ability to do anything about it.

To be quite frank this is the community service you only see under two situations, 1 you don't give a flying F about the community or what happens to the game, or 2 you are legally binded not to speak of something.

A simple update is not only deserved to the players of pox, but is OWED at this point, you don't go nearly 2 years without an expansion without some comment even a "pox is dead, don't let the door hit you on the way out".

chickenpox2 and Bondman007 like this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

They are not selling this Bane Shift, thats for sure and we all know the owner of pox is a c''t who doesnt give one flying f''k about the playerbase so i would say its option 1.
    What it seems strange to me is why would they still pay sok to dev a game thats been dead for so long

6. chickenpox2

Make fan faire forgable would be nice
    Also be good time to revive polymorph XD

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

exp is almost ready, would be stupid and anti-business not to put that out. i'm 90% sure it will be released. after that, no idea. my best hope is that they keep the server running, patch once a year, and go on like that for as long as possible.

8. calisk

your right it would be stupid not to put it out when it would of been profitable and the player base existed for it to actually make them some profit.

shame they didn't do that because even if they release it now the player base that exists within the game is not large enough to pull in any significant amount of money.

as such it's not worth it to spend the cash to actually complete it as that is effectively giving in to the sunk cost fallacy.

for example let's say it takes an extra 10k to finish it up in developer time.

would the expansion even return 10k? let's pretend a high value per player, and say every existing player remaining in the game drop 60 dollars after the government takes there cut in taxes, they would need 160 players with 100% buy rate still playing the game just to cover the remaining development cost of the expansion, let alone turn a profit on what was already spent.

even if the exact numbers in cost for the remaining development time is different there is no hope of them making a profit on there initial investment.

I literally once after nearly 2 months of development time had a completely finished, and tested game ready to go out on IOS, but my boss believed it wouldn't make any money thus he never did release it lol, I always believed it would be better to release the thing and get some money back but frm his perspective it was better to sit on it in case a time when it could be profitable returned.

That company was terrible at game development from a management perspective(the game he got was what he demanded we make and then didn't want to release it) but I don't believe in any way just because something makes sense to do that it has any bearing on whether it will or not.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

My torch died out long ago, what do I bring to these threads now?

10. calisk

sandwiches

Makorov likes this.
  11. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Am i the only who stops checking forums and then a few weeks later checks back in to see if any dev has atleast updated us the community, only to find nothing

Gnomes and Kampel like this.
  12. calisk

eh...it's sad.

so I've had a fairly consistent ritual with pox, play while they are updating, quit when they go on year long hiatus, pick it back up after the hiatus, check the forums once in awhile to see how things are going.

I only seriously quit once, somewhere around the end of SOE when the forums became a police state and simply stating any form of hate for the status quo got you temp to full banned. I think I was banned for 2 weeks for posting a link to my own forums where we could talk freely lol.

anyway cut to today...it's not really the same, I know if I don't post for 2 weeks nothing will have changed, I'm just checking at this point to see when they announce the final closure really, though I still enjoy playing the game and do when I get a chance.

Bondman007 likes this.
  13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Yeah, bring new players in this buggy client. I'm sure they will stay.

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

That's why no one join IS....Because of battle matron...

15. chickenpox2

^is she one of them?

16. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

til the end of time.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  17. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

They should just go ahead and make it forgable. It's not like they are going to do anything else besides leave us hanging and wondering when they are going to pull the plug on pox.

18. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Nah man, A few of us have out our doomsday clocks and are watching them tick down. Most of my playing days are done and my spending is certainly done unless they can revive this somehow. However, everyone here in these forums is waiting for the champ to get back up from his knockdown, but the count is at 8 and the champ isn't moving... *ding ding*

Xirone likes this.
  19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I wonder if they'll keep the forums after the game shuts down.

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Not if it cost $$$
    Discord will be the only remnants....unless they have mercy and are feeling generous and give the game away to someone who would know/care how to fix it.
    UNLESS the Sony deal completely made it to where that is impossible... Who knows?
    @Sokolov would know but is/maybe unemployed by now...
    *shrug*