Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PoxBot, May 9, 2018.

1. PoxBot

PoxBot I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Git gud

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

typical

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

why would you want to play moba?

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

"But League is a dying game breh, Fortnight and PUBG will kill it!"

[​IMG]

*looks at Poxnora sadly*

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the only winning move is not to play

and im on a winning streak.

7. Alakhami

why not just play single player story games?

8. Alakhami

It doesn't have to be 50+ hours. Experiences can be different. Have you played the xenoblade games for example? or the other persona titles? What about indie games? there are so many gems out there, I doubt that even with the time that you devoted to games you covered all of them.

9. Alakhami

I heard really positive stuff about the xenoblade series. Apparently Takahashi (the auteur behind the Xeno series) incorporates a lot of profound ideas in his games. In the earlier series I heard there's a lot of Nietzsche and Jung. In the latest Chronicles 2 I heard it's a reimagining of Plato's Republic. I too at first thought it was just some bland JRPG but this piqued my interest so that's that.

10. Alakhami

This is the article that got me interested in Chronicles 2.
    https://withaterriblefate.com/2018/03/14/the-real-architect-of-xenoblade-chronicles-2-is-plato/
    what is your general impression from his other games?

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Battle chasers - Nightwar is a nice distraction to playthu if you like class jrpg's. Very fun ...plays crips and clean full of nostalgia

Sokolov likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Play:

Into the Breach

MaruXV and Thbigchief like this.
  13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I'll definitely look at that again. Saw some streamers playing that in Q etc. Unfortunately I am now in an unhealthy relationship with ironman mode in XCOM 2 war of the chosen... I refuse to scum save and it has a cost lol. RNG gods... almost as bad as darkest dungeon for entropy rage!

MaruXV likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

really, go for into the breach. great game

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

16. theom99

theom99 The King of Potatoes

genuinely cba even playing ranked this season, too much of a goddamn fiesta

17. theom99

theom99 The King of Potatoes

Taliyah jungle, crab homogenizing jungle pathing, making mistakes mean less due to more jungle xp available. Jungle meta being picking early duelers that will run you down into your own jungle. No tank jungle keystone if you can't proc aftershock.

Don't forget : We had the banner of command fiesta, the zombie ward being mandatory until nerfed, green smite getting removed, baron buff being made stronger, baron being made weaker (lol?), removal of runes and all you got for compensation is some base armor and SELECT CHAMPIONS getting attackspeed ignoring plenty who took AS runes before.

S8 just feels like a huge preseason.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's a good largescale change for them to diminish the strength of the only role in the game that does exactly one thing every match, it's just helping to throw a lot of things off in the meanwhile

as for the jungle changes / everything theom mentioned, most of it is a push toward more consistently short games. it's been super easy to end the game on some of the recent patches (compared especially to some of the various older metas). it's an important shift for them as a high profile competitive viewing experience/sport, but it's also not entirely fleshed out. the main reason i'd disagree about s8 being a huge preseason is that they don't seem to make this many changes in their actual preseasons.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's a partial result of how much they've been pushing speeding up the game. the best champs are the ones that can take a lead and quickly snowball from it, generally speaking. lategame is far rarer now than any other time i've seen played, i think.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

mundo's been showing up in the competitive games fairly frequently. the meta hasn't entirely shaken out yet, i think mundo's in right now because of his ability to counter certain tank matchups / his general safety in lane