A toast to the Legends!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

As Pox Nora draws closer to its final count and knockout, It has me reminiscing about some of the people that has played this game that you would hope to log in and see on the Pox Nora battlefield. These people exemplified the game to a level that most ordinary players could not achieve. They would duel with grit and determination in every match and would have absolute epic brawls. It was ESPECIALLY rewarding when one of the greats would actually take time to talk with you after one of their matches or when they were simply goofing off to get their insight and wisdom on how to elevate your play to the next level.

I was fortunate enough to be able to make videos with some of these greats and they are memories I will hold onto for a long while. Making the Pox Nora Unwrapped series was a lot of fun and was certainly enlightening to see how some of these incredible players think and process. Ultimately, there were a lot of good players on Pox, but as in everything in life, there is another bunch that are identified as the "elite." "The best of the best," "The upper crust," or the "top tier." Whichever phrase you elect to call them, these were the players that knew every facet of the game and simply made it look easy.

These players would glide their pieces flawlessly where they needed to be and would cast spells at the perfect times. They would set up combos and coordinate attacks 3 rounds out. Oh, If I had only had 1/2 of their skill!

So, to this end, I hold aloft a toast in recognition to the greats that I loved to log into Pox and see these players either in the lobby or on the battlefield. This is my list, but you are certainly more than welcome to add to it. I want to personally thank each of these players for making my Pox Nora gaming experience worth logging into and wanting to strive to make my game better! You were truly the best, we miss you, God bless!
    Sincerely,
    Bondman007

@Ryvirath
    @Kithros
    @TinyDragon
    @calisk
    @BansheeX
    @yobanchi
    @Sepulcher8
    @devilsrath
    @thered
    @Luvadata
    @TheNidhogg
    @TheRavager
    @Markoth
    @DMrBadguy
    @Dagda
    @Karmavore
    @kthx
    @Ballballer

I know there are more and this list will certainly be different for each person depending on when you played the game, But this is my list and these are IMO an absolute elite crowd.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Joker, devilsrath, Tweek516 and 6 others like this.
  2. Bondman007

I also want to hold a toast for the developers and staff that produced the game we all came to love. These guys really put up with a bunch of crap from the community and tried to make our Pox Nora experience as pleasant as possible. I genuinely wish each of them well and wish them all success in their future endeavors!

@HawkFain
    @Sokolov
    @CorpsE
    @Wraith
    @MentalMoles
    @Senshu

Thanks!
    Bondman007

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Joker, darkpally5, Tweek516 and 8 others like this.
  3. Bondman007

And finally a toast to the resource people that gave aspects to the game that the game itself couldn't provide. These include the stores and databases as well as fan sites that made the Pox Nora experience truly complete and an amazing ride!

@Gainer900
    @decondor
    @Poxpoints
    @Poxbrothers
    @PoxList
    @PoxBase
    @LoganMkv for the DB utility.

Thanks!
    Bondman007

[​IMG]

Joker, Tweek516, MentalMoles and 5 others like this.
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Hear Hear!

Poxpoints and Fentum like this.
  5. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

It was a good run everyone! Hear hear!

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Luck has indeed smiled upon me, for I have had the good fortune to be anally fisted by over half the people on this list at least once throughout the years. Cheers to my bruised and swollen pride!

Joker, Cinder405, Kampel and 3 others like this.
  7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

heh that made me laugh

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

You dare summon me mortal?

Thank you for the kind words, you made this old crone blush.

I have not played for years, but once in a while I came by the forum out of nostalgia, read a fe threads and left again. Im glad I got to se this thread :)

Hugs
    BansheeX

Joker and Bondman007 like this.
  9. Bondman007

EXACTLY the response I was going for!!! :D
    Wondered how long it'd take you to notice...lol
    Will edit you in now! Cheers!

SUCKER! LOL...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

like 90% of that list is bad tho...

zorbot likes this.
  11. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

Obviously you weren't around when I was in my prime.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Except Bondman007 has been around for a long time, maybe he just didn't notice your uh.... "Skill"

Bondman007 and BansheeX like this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Go back to your grave banshee I didn’t know you still read the forums I thought you gave up for good

14. Bondman007

Are you a part of the 90%? :p

15. Bondman007

Nah, I remember ya. I would definitely put ya in the good player section, however, I believe you were overshadowed by a few other players. No offense, just life. ;)

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

nah, me the best

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I remember dagda so he makes my good list, anyone I remember the name of is likely an iconic player as I tend not to remember the name of the players I'm facing as I'm facing them.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  18. Bondman007

Wished I had been able to make a video with you Banshee. I'm sure that would have easily been one of the most viewed ones!
    Take care,

19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Confirmed. You aint up there so it might be biased. I dont expect to be on anyones list. but dag deserve most def tho.

You trippin.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm on the list guy

like i said, me the best

MentalMoles likes this.