Cool Fact

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vorian, May 19, 2018.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Lord Cthulhu is actually Remiel from the Koran. For any racists out there who thought Remiel would be white and a human with wings, God isnt racist.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Yep.....i have no idea what this about.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Everyone seems to think all the Angels are white people with wings, when they consist of loads of alien races.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nobody gives 2 fists of a flying Firk

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Actually, if you do your research you will find that vorian is one of the most important and influential pox nora players to ever have existed. They've even banned runes that were in decks he played!

Etherielin, Sokolov and Vorian like this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they do not exist.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are no flying Firk.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

design niche, get on it

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you should probably fix that

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It's a "feature"

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

featuring: no flying firk?

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So, @OP, you're saying that angel is a race but not a theme? This seems as good of a time as any for us to have the race vs. theme argument. Semantics or gtfo.

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I agree that there should be more diversity in heaven. Kill more minorities.

on a more 'serious' note, I wonder now if identity politics is predicated on atheism. in other words, you need people to identify themselves as their physical attributes, color, gender, ethnicity whatever. If you don't really believe you have a soul, then what else is there? Or do people think they retain those characteristics in the next life? how odd.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I get all my facts from Philomena Cunk

15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

there's the mind... which is pretty much the same thing, given that the soul is a metaphor for it which highlights its irrational and mystical qualities. people of these days don't believe in a next life. they think it ends at the life that they experience "as of now", which is right in the sense of the ego (since the you ego that you think constitutes you (mostly your persona which the majority of modern people are unfortunate to identify theirselves with) truly does die with the deterioration of your body cells but wrong in terms of how atomic particles work in the universe, since eventually you end up reallocated and spread out somewhere else. Conciousness might very well have a way of directing these 'residue' atoms to a place which is most familiar and suitable to it and that's probably the notion on which Plato's idea of transmigration of the souls comes from. Or it could all be a load of crap and actually there's no self and no reincarnation -- in fact, quite a few Buddhists, especially of the Zen, believe that to be true. But I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle: as long as you are suffering (neutral connotation) the karmic forces of samsara, you go through all those transmigrations due to your innate desire "to be", but once you become enlightened, you naturally have no desire to continue existing in an illusive world (unless you've made the bodhisattva's vow of course) and you see through the illusory idea of the self, reincarnation etc.

P.S. -- Felt writing this more for myself given the oppurtunity since it's something that I've been pondering on for a while now :p

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what I got from this is that Alakhami is part reasigned Hitler.

also clearly does no follow the hypothesis that if the universe keeps expanding it might expands to the point where atomic particles get ripped apart.

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Personally, I don't need religion or philosophy or ideology to give meaning to my life. I'm a parent. After I die, my atoms can fek off.

18. Alakhami

lol, what has Hitler got to do with anything that I said?

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

his molecules were reallocated
    you are (partially) Hitler.

20. Alakhami

oh. well I guess. but that's if we view it metaphysically. from that point of view, I am everything, considering how wobbly and interconnected these microparticles are.