anyone else super pissed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 12, 2018.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

not sure why it's not like anything change but today I'm super pissed at the management at poxnora for not saying anything.

how long have most of you been loyal customers, and the thanks you get from this is that they can't even bother to inform you what's going on.

I know nothing new but god damn it's ignorant on there part =/

Hierokliff and Bondman007 like this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

What's going on?

3. calisk

nothing at all lol.

just was reading that free2play guys posts and got super annoyed thinking about the new players that are showing up and leaving and the devs can't be bothered to lift their fat fingers out of there cheeto bag to post a message to us about what's going on.

it's no secret the game is dead, we all know that but they are bugging me in there sheer nonchalant disregard for the players =/

Fentum likes this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yes. Things took a turn for the worse when Poxbox and now Poxlist stopped working.

@MaruXV @Gnomes and the rest are doing a great job of keeping things going as best they can, but it feels a bit like a Norwegian Blue.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

They have literally siad there is no plans to move the game foward, they have developed many other games in the time pox has been rotting, its clearly they are just keeping the servers up for the sake of it, be thankful for that. no more money will be spent on Pox ( unless someone buys and invests) so honestly just accept it, continue to play while you can if you enjoy it and be thankful the games been up for as long as it has been. if you are being honest with yourself you will realise the game has been dead for years.

Bondman007 likes this.
  6. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

..but they didn't put a "It's dead!" note on the horse. It's been laying there for a while and it smells kind of bad. But I dunno, is it really dead?

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

All of this is true, however, have some respect for the people that have kept this game up longer than it should and at least be honest with them. If there is to be no more expansions or patches or anything else at least say it.
    What's the worst that happens, they lose players?

Kiruzen likes this.
  8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Go on, dude. You're getting annoying...

9. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Does this mean that the player made expansion will not get released?

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I remember Sok saying before that they could not discuss these things "for legal reasons" but I have yet to figure out what those reasons are. Would it really be breaking the law for someone to come onto the forums and say "Yeah, the game is dead and won't have any work done on it anymore"? WE all know it's dead, THEY all know it's dead. Just confirm it already, explain wtf has been going on, and let us have some damn closure so we can finally put Poxnora to rest.

11. calisk

just so theres no confusion, Sok said what he knows but they stopped taking to him as well so at least publicly he doesn't admit to knowing everything.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It truly makes me sad that with everything that the community has been through with Pox, they do this.
    I'm super happy the game still exists and I can log in a play whenever I please, but there's a point where I get super annoyed with how they've decided just to not say a Firking word.
    Not one word, and for how long will they keep this up?

It's just disrespectful after all of the years we've been loyal to this game through everything.

The thing that gets me the most is, when SoE was letting PoxNora die and pretty much dismissed it's possible success after failing on so many different fronts, Gedden was online one day and we had a long conversation about the state of the game and where it would inevitably end up (which would be SoE shutting down the servers) he said he would do whatever he could to get PoxNora thriving again.

He eventually buys out PoxNora, only to give everyone hope for something better, and do exactly what he sought to stop, and sadly in the same fashion as SoE. Doing more than necessary and ultimately destroying any further hope for a thriving game.

I have no idea why he wont release the server rights to the people who are more than willing to pay, and manage the game. Sok and I had a long conversation as well about some legal stuff, but as far as it stands and sounds it would seem to be a lot more effort than one might seem to simply release the game, and I feel with the amount of attention Gedden's paid to PoxNora, that'll never happen. It's also really sad to know, Sokolov is still tied to the game, but they haven't even been in contact with him let alone, given him any sort of income in months, if not a year.

Hierokliff, Bondman007 and xaznsoulx like this.
  13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Wow thats even more ****ed up than I thought.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I dont know, i kinda think its nice that this game is ending in a way. I started this game when i was around 12, and now that im 22 its probably time to grow up and do adulting things. Its kinda like the end of an era for me. Of course ill still game in my life, but not 6+ hrs of WOW or League in a day like i use to when I was a kid.

What i always really liked about this game, is how my vocabulary grew from it. All the different abilities and spells that have real words in it helped that. I remember in 6th grade when we had "servile" as a vocab word and i knew it because of "servile Brute" ect ect. Also learning to think ahead and look at the bigger picture when it comes to games and life and other things. Also at least personally, all the recording ive done has really gotten me to be a better public speaker and more eloquent/smooth. To be able to speak for 1 hr without saying "like" or "Umm" is also a skill ive learned. Additionally all the theory crafting ive done for this game and my SP guides must have helped me in some aspect of my life. So while the game might be dying /dead in the Web sense, it wont die in what its taught me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Poxjedi, Bondman007, Fentum and 2 others like this.
  15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Tell me about it. The first thing that pops to mind with words like majestic, awestruck, scorn, scion is poxnora. I even developed an unconcious habit of quietly tittering when a rare one comes up and I get an association with a particular champion or what not.

it's amazing that the game helped you develop as a person! A lot of people unfortunately don't see that potential in games like poxnora.

16. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

why haven't you bought the game yet?

17. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

I'm literally in the exact same boat, down to the ages haha. This game really let me be a kid and have an escape from the grind. A part of me dies with this game though and I honestly can't help but hope for some crazy turnaround.