So what games are you all playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MEATMAN, Jul 25, 2018.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Specifically games that you want more people to play (not pox no one plays that anymore).

Or even some single player games that you've been enjoying.

I've been on bullet hell games and some PVP mostly, with a dash of warhammer vermintide 2 here and there.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I finally bought a modern PC so I can play XCOM2. I'm 75 hours in so far. I played through vanilla first. I'm almost done playing through with all the DLC except for War of the Chosen. Then I'll play through with War of the Chosen.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I recommend long war if you want to have a little more of a challenge, but the only problem is it doesn't work for war of the chosen

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Shadows of Malice board game.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm waiting for war of the chosen to get cheaper or on sale to get it too.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

i've been playing xcom, it frustrates me a bit but it isn't bad.

also who is old enough to have played enemy unknown?

[​IMG]

or maybe the original laser squad?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Geressen likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

everyone, you can get it on steam and other places

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

maybe it's my rose tinted glasses but i think the original was a better game - more freeform in that you could put your base anywhere and research what you like, give people whatever weapons you want etc.

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Darkest Dungeon, Eternal Card Game, DotA 2 and Heroes of the Storm for the most part. Enjoying ECG a lot and been looking for people to play it too as it fills the niche after Pox quite okay, even if not to full extent.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, the original xcom is great

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

between xcom 1 and 2, I liked xcom 1 a lot more for a number of reason like being able to transform my guys into walking tanks. But xcom 2 does have some neat ideas and a ton more customization options that I like. Long war is way better for xcom 2 as well since you can make custom squads and it feels more like guerrilla warfare. I made a squad for long war 2 kitted out in all stealth and they would drop in a heavy alien area where a frontal fight would just be death, would sneak around the entire map and take pods out with suppressed weapons and knives and extract without an actual fight happening.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Slay the Spire and Maelstrom on PC.

Rival: Crimson vs Chaos on mobile.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I tried getting into slay the spire but it feels kind of silly and slow to me

14. Sokolov

Do you normally enjoy this type of game? Or is there something specific about Slay the Spire that didn't work for you?

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I don't like the card aspect I think. Seems too random to me for a fighting style game like that. It looks cool enough though maybe I just need to give it another go.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I played Guild of Dungeoneering which seems similar to to Slay the Spire, but a bit simpler. Took me 20 hours to beat the game, so it's worth the price. I don't see any real replay value in it.

17. Sokolov

I probably have about 300 hours into Dream Quest (also available on iOS/Android) over the years and about 60 into Slay the Spire.

And yea, sometimes the RNG screws you, but RNG is pretty critical to the way rogue-likes are balanced - if a bad draw ruins you, then your deck probably wouldn't have made it anyway is kind of the idea. It's about making the best of what you got.

One nice thing about the card/deck idea is that you know what's coming (i.e. I drew my X, so it won't show up again til I reshuffle, but Y and Z are still in there), which can allow you to mitigate the RNG a bit.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oldschool Runescape is on mobile now, so I'm back into that.

Otherwise I tend to play older games. I have my 64, Gamecube, and a Sega Genesis replica console that I play at least one of every (other) day or so. I'll occasionally boot up my gf's PS3 to play some of the games that were big when I was in high school: Oblivion, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effects, Far Cry 2, etc.

Not a lot of games these days that draw me like those did/do.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

ive took up playing Xcom again because of this thread.

anyone else sometimes get ads for phoenix point on bookface?

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I do from time to time - seems pretty grim compared to XCOM. Might be cool though.