How's the refugee crisis?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Sep 19, 2018.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nope, have stated a million times every religion sucks and is only for sheep to follow. Also, please don't start the i'm racist Bane Shift dude, literally half my family is black, I have 3 Muslim friends, all who came here legally and no longer follow their religion and agree with me on most Muslims not adapting to society norms. That's the typical fodder for liberals and people who are out of ideas, cards to play.

Last I checked though, most of the other religions have adapted to modern day society, and still aren't out to get the infidels. I dislike all religions equally, this includes Christians, as they are just as corrupt as every other religion.

People in religions use their power to warp and distort what their followers can and can not due, while the leaders always do whatever they want, this is the same in every religion and has been for thousands of years. It's for people in power to remain in power, and the people that follow them would follow them off a cliff.

Just actually read before posting, you again added nothing to the convo and and made broad statements about my character while only skimming over what I wrote.

If you have statistics, or information, then share it. I don't wanna hear just your insults it's counter productive.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. super71

Every government is a giant hypocrisy, I mentioned above I don't believe the numbers show the truth as far as crime goes for the immigrants. Sure they are committing crime, but that's because of the language barrier and lack of jobs and opportunity. As far as migrants pushing their views on other cultures is probably my biggest problem, in America Muslims often have their own prayer rooms, frequent prayer times, while the rest of society has no such thing.

"Of course that could be related to boredom, and no good jobs, so you have people sitting around all day with a language barrier and nothing better to do." If gerressen had even bothered to read this is before spouting everyone's a racist, and were all dumb.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but judge people fleeing a war based on their particular religion ( many of whom are moderate)
    where I come from we have freedom of religion, we don't judge people for having one( for the purpose of dictating policy and treatment by the goverment)

you're not fooling me with your backpedalling.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm not saying everyones a racist or dumb, I'm saying you're being thouroughly unconvincing in trying to hide your political views. nice strawmanning though.

5. super71

Another liberal thing, strawmanning. Do you guys have any original thoughts, or do you just start the day and have ideas pre downloaded ?

Can't backpedal on a position I never stood for lol, I don't judge anyone from having a religion, I simply judge the ones who use religion as a scapegoat to carry out nefarious deeds. If the Muslim community is firmly against isis, or isil whatever they are today, then why don't they openly oppose it ? Why burn American flags, why say Death to America, what does the good holy book say about other religions ? Why are the refugees fleeing to other countries asking for those countries to change to what led to a war torn country based on religion in their land ? Why go to all these other countries, and try and make them more like where you left, which in most cases is a Bane Shift hole ?

All i'm asking is for the refugees to migrate peacefully, adapt to European and American culture, and don't force your ideology on anyone else. Nobody gives a Firk what religion, or race anyone is anymore, it's simply an argument people use for making conservatives or anyone with a varying opinion from liberals look racist. Honestly it's old, and played out, and a new strategy needs to be made by the left.

Also i'm not really a Republican or a Democrat, I have many shared views for both sides when it comes to politics. Both sides in my opinion are too far left, or too far right, their are few in between. The reason their are few in between is because they lack the ability to take the emotional aspect out of these topics and think logically, this is and always has been why you have no talking points and are biased and bring nothing constructive to these topics.

10 countries that still kill gays

Yemen
    Iran
    Mauritania
    Nigeria
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Afghanistan
    Somalia
    Sudan
    United Arab Emirates

Don't see too many countries from the west there.

Critical thinking, it doesn't take much.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  6. super71

Yemen- A woman is considered half a witness for crimes, women also can't leaver their homes without the husband present.
    Saudi Arabia- Women can't vote or drive, **** victims can be charged with crimes.

"Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria (in one-third of the country's states), Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen, stoning is a legal punishment. However, out of these countries, only in Iran, Pakistan and Somalia have stonings actually occurred, and all instances in Pakistan have occurred outside the legal system."

I could go on and on and on, but it's just not worth the time. In what world is any of this still deemed okay in modern day society.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ah I see

non-muslims/moderate muslims fleeing war caused by non religious factors later taken advantage of by religious extremists = every single one of them scapegoating nefarious deeds on religion.

Funny how your list has mostly countries that have suffered US military intervention, are US allies, or had their democracies toppled by the US.

there is honestly a lot more stuff wrong with the things you wrote. but meh.

*funny joke about asian and woman drivers.*
    I see you are very informed about the world and not at all ignorant about recent changes.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. super71

I'll admit the wrongs of the United States, as we have many, however, how is the United States fault that these countries stone women to death and women can't leave their homes without a man present ? Seems like many places use the United States as a scapegoat for everything instead of taking personal responsibility in a system that punishes gays and women for doing nothing other than being themselves. What are your thoughts on gays, and women's rights ? Are you opposed to them, or are you for them ? If your for them, I can't see how you can support the way they treat gays and women.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

*has power
    *has leverage
    *has oppertunity

yet the status quo does not change.

great power/ great responsibility.

10. super71

If the United States is so terrible, perhaps the world would prefer to see China, or Russia as the world's leader =).

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you want to depower China and Russia get closer ties to Europe and the rest of the world.

you know the opposite of what Trump does.

12. super71

I'm fine with what Trump is doing, negotiating fair trade is hardly a problem for me. It's the rest of the world that always talks down about the United States, so by all means elect China and Russia as the world's leaders. They will do a great job, after all, look at their wonderful countries and governments =).

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nobody wants China and Russia in charge you fool.

14. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

who would you place in charge btw if US were to step out of the game? just curious.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

not the people trying to hack everyone and starting wars because they are worried about their shrinking sphere of influence and lack of natural barriers.

not the people trying to build islands in the south chin sea either. building land is our gig.

preferably no one/ everyone, failing that Europe.

we just want to live long prosperous and happy lives
    [​IMG]
    ( I think we could raise the numbers in the Netherlands but 4.4% of all deaths here are euthenasia and I am unwilling to sacrifice peoples freedom just to get better stats.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  16. super71

You didn't answer the question, if the United States were to step down as the world's leader, who would you replace them with ? Let's put this into perspective, America had nukes way before anyone else, we could have wiped out every other country in the world. Yet we only dropped it on Japan, then we went in and rebuilt the entire country, and today they are thriving. All this Bane Shift talking of the United States, by every other country, just makes it look like your a little bit jealous of what we have accomplished in such a short time. Europe has been around for centuries, yet America is still the world's largest innovator.

You have yet, with your superior intelligence, replied to my comments on the humanitarian problems regarding the culture of the middle east. I asked you about women's rights, and gay rights in the Middle East, yet you have no rebuttal because their is none to be made.

Please, I implore you to bring some facts, or even articles for which you can back up points or ideas you have.

I'm worried your bias is actually so terrible that you can't come back with anything resembling facts, rather opinions and emotional talking points. Your opinion is irrelevant without something to back it up, United States is the worst, okay well who is better to lead the world then ?

If it were up to me, i'd say the United States should sit out a while, and see what takes place when were not the world's leader. However we can't, in a a few short years, China, and Russia would rule the world. America has and always will be the mediator, and the rest of the world should be happy were what stands between everyone else and the bullies of the world.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

do you know anything about european history?
    is innovation always good?
    does economic superiority give you the moral and ideological superiority? if so, why?
    do you acknowledge that your values are pretty much solely european, predominantly French post-revolution?

I'm afraid with Japan it wasn't as simple. The US had a specific agenda to detraditionalize Japan ideologically and even ontologically I'd say. they even got anthropologists to work on it. Ironically, it didn't really work out too well and Japan just submerged the western economic ideas within its ecosystem, retaining most of its own unique qualities whilst being highly self-reflective on how the capitalism influence and the war trauma is changing its society. So ultimately, the project of brainwashing Japan into being another copy of US failed but US still has an ally there, although not the most reliable one due to significant cultural differences.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Geressen likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I answered the question, and you demonstrated why it should not be America that leads the world nor the Russians ( Trying to hack OPCW? really?)

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"The history of Europe is a history of crises, and the EU will be the culmination of their solutions" - some french guy, in his 1970's memoirs.

20. super71

1) Not as much as I used to, why is there something you wanna teach me that pertains to these topics ?
    2) Yes innovation is typically always good, unless you become too reliant on those innovations. Internet, phones etc.
    3) No, not sure why your asking this isn't really a focal point in the topics were discussing ?
    4) If our values were solely European, I feel we would be living very similar to how Europe does. Europeans mock America, then say all our values came form them. The irony here
    5) It never was the objective to brainwash Japanese culture, the objective was to have an ally in a position to strike in the future. This was accomplished and they are still an ally to this day, better to have an ally than an enemy. We rebuilt their economy and infrastructure because we knew they would always be indebted to the person that conquered them, yet rebuilt them instead of letting them rot.