20 people playing this game...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

And NO ONE is creative...only two main BG's out there...
    SL Dragons and FS bulls.hit bg's. with a solid 50% of all BG's used being FS
    Amazing how no one is ever truly creative and its blatantly obvious with no player base...

2. Bondman007

Precisely the reason I haven't been playing for like months...

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

the games dead....complaining about BG design when even the devs left is like saying the last block buster needs to lower their fees.

(btw I miss block buster as much as I will miss pox)

4. Bondman007

LOL... for real...let the few remaining plebs play their crap against themselves...

Thank you for the slap and wake up call...

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- lol ... Or complaining about the Quartet being a bit sharp while the Titanic is sinking... I mean they were subpar but still.

Bondman007 likes this.
  6. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

Lmao someone just lost to FS :^)

7. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

is it really dead? loooong time player here.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

All the fun creative decks got nerfed.

Except egg bomb shrine OTK, which has somehow survived Pox's entire lifespan and remains a viable gimmick deck.

SPiEkY and Fentum like this.
  9. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Please don't tell me you lost to one of these decks and are making a rage thread on a dead game? SMH fml

10. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Pretty much this lol

This is kind of sad tbh

11. Bondman007

Actually this wasn't a rage thread against FS or SL. The game is ultra stale. The thread wasn't so much about losing to the decks as it was that the 20 players are ALL playing the same crap! lol
    That's what I meant...

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

To be fair, people complained about "stale meta" or "everyone runs the same things"... pretty much all of Pox's lifetime.

19madfox95, Paladin, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I tried being creative once. The IS meta changed and I found myself playing the same thing as everyone again.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

You guys all suck.

PoxBot likes this.
  15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Remember that month or so where the meta meme was shoebox cards?

I liked that, it was fun seeing guys you don't normally see.

19madfox95 and Bondman007 like this.
  16. Bondman007

Yep, then some folks tried to run some tourneys using like all commons and such...good Pox times for sure...

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

some of the best games I had in the last several years were when I found a couple people willing to make decks using only the first 3 sets of pox, this was done a few months back and man they were some interesting games.

to be quite honest it was like playing a much more balanced version of old pox nora with faster game play, the runes coming out were much the same as in the past, the old combo's mostly still worked, but then a few new runes that would never get played in the current game were meta defining when only the first 3 sets were being used.

anyway I'm glad I did that and if it happens to be the last time I play pox, it was good reminiscing over what pox once was.

Bondman007 likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Most limited environments in card games are fun to play regardless of the circumstance. Limitations breeds creativity and allows for things that get overshadowed to shine.

Thbigchief and SPiEkY like this.
  19. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

after returning from a 2 year hiatus i actually the decks i've been going against have been pretty varied and interesting. honestly its better playing against 5 different theme decks from the same people then the same meta deck from 20.

20. Sokolov

Taking a break does have a tendency to make things feel fresh :)