Arizona GOP Sues to Block Ballots

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

3 counties in AZ are traditionally slow because of their policies and systems. It usually takes them about 7-10 days after the election to fully report. This is because they still use a largely paper system and they try to verify the signatures on early voting ballots and if there is a mismatch, they try to find the person to get them to verify their identity and intent to vote.

This isn't a new thing. They have done this for a long, long time.

Except this year, the GOP filed a lawsuit, alleging that this was unfair to voters that these counties did things differently.

So why this year? If this is such a problem and the GOP has been in control of the state for so long, why didn't they do something earlier?

Because in Arizona, there were several very tight races in a traditionally red state that are looking like they will flip, and on Tuesday night, the Republican candidates in at least 4 different races had narrow leads.

And the counties have that use this system? They all lean Democrat.

So do we think the GOP REALLY care whether every county uses the same system? I don't. It's, quite simply, an attempt at voter suppression. Some people try and tell me that the GOP doesn't try to suppress voters. But from where I sit, it's painfully obvious what they are doing.

Well, the judge said no to the GOP's bid to block the ballots from being counted, and it's Thursday now, and 3 out of 4 have flipped to the Democrats with hundreds of thousands of votes still to come.

Of course, once this is over and the legislature is back in session, I wouldn't be surprised if some Republican legislator throws up a bill to address this "issue."

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so voting is better but slower in 3 counties.

well that just won't do, the US is not a democracy after all they are a republic :p

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Sukolov, show me on this doll where the mean GOP touched you.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, and meanwhile in Georgia you have a guy who is overseeing the election he is a candidate in closing polling stations in areas where he will lose... lol

When you get 49% turnout and it's basically "historic" because it hasn't been that high for a mid-term since 1914... it's pretty much an indication that the people think it's a whole lot of bullshit.