THE ONE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I actually played a few games again. And sure launcher is not perfect, but game is playable. I can enjoy it. And there are always some games going on. But there is one problem that I think is the main reason the game dies.

THE CHAT

It was the main thing in the game, to write mean or nice comments to the opponent while playing. Was it so hard just to fix the chat before putting game into autopilot?

@Sokolov do you know if this is because of PS4 players usually dont use keyboard or it was deleted to make launcher quicker? seems chat is not so difficult to add.

Especially to new players it was great with chat as they could ask for help.

And I still love this game, played a few games and getting addicted again. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. polltroy

and after changing resolution on the launcher, i feel the look is much better, even feel its quicker! Does anyone know what is best / natural resultion for the game?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. polltroy

actually they have a second problem. If you try to update old launcher, its says it will but its not possible. Instead you must uninstall and then download again. Im sure alot of players gave up on the game when they could not update it and got no info from launcher how to fix it.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Chat technically exists. It "just" has the major problem of not saving the text across lobbies.

Unfortunately, the new client has a myriad of issues and DOG simply ran out of time to fix them all.

5. polltroy

Sad. To me it seems major reason not to play game is lack of chat. But got it they ran out of time (money) to keep fixing client.

6. polltroy

So the main issue with game that could not be fixed for a year is some database saving issue? Should take max a few h to fix? Or the problem is they have an half ready new update version and they cant reqlly launch it as it may need lota of more work, but also cant just fix one issue loosing all that work already done? Anyeay if they plan tp put pox on pause we should have them fix the chat function somehow. too bad i was not here 1 year ago to push the importance of that.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

had the new client had a smooth and fully functional chat, this client would of been fine.....to struggle through anyway

polltroy likes this.
  8. polltroy

its exactly my point too! the main failure they did was to not priorize to fix the chat. Chat its like 60% of the game! Without it the whole game just faded away... especially for all new players. And especially the In-game chat!!! Its such looser move not to fix that 1 year ago to be honest. Could have been max a few h extra to fix/debugg chat.

Fentum likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Agreed.

Lack of chat makes it all a bit rubbish. Can’t offer abuse to mates or help to newbies.

10. RedCourage

RedCourage The King of Potatoes

I'm sorry but who are you?