Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PoxBot, Nov 20, 2018.

1. PoxBot

PoxBot I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Tomorrow is the annual White Castle eating contest at my office. My record is 21 cheese slyders. The office record is 22. I'm hoping to switch the competition from being overall volume to being the most within two minutes or something.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanksgiving is coming up here in the US and I have stacks of pies and breads in my fridge.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I am attempting my first "tur-duck-en" Tomorrow... wish me luck! Is it wrong that I am more nervous doing that then speaking in front of hundreds of affiliates about clinical trends? wtf brain, why don't you make sense. I need a drink now just looking at the kitchen counter all splayed out.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are you buying a prepared turducken, or are you boning the duck and chicken yourself to make it?

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

That sounds rather risqué.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Doing my first turkey this year. Parents are visiting from out of state. So much cleaning, and sometime real damn soon, I gotta get a job. Got everything I need till the end of the year, at least, but Christmas is gonna be tight on just my fiance's income. Lots on my mind, good thing Oregon has cheap, good weed.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I had to google local farms and luckily hit a place in New England that will dress all three for me thankfully... yeah the prepared ones I've seen look all dwarfed and abnormal ... so gonna go for it all natural. I'm even gonna render some duck fat from the duck and baste it with it during the cooking.

- The problem is the cook temp control without destroying the turkey on the outside... so I'm considering a huge cooking bag for the first hour then open it up to crisp that sob.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

I am lurking around the PoxNora and Forums again lately and thinking about saving all the card art and lore stuff as I have always been inspired by it to write some sort of a story or two.

But instead of that I have been busy at work in this Service Desk, and my fellow co-workers who are a bit higher up than me are all sick so as being the one who has worked the longest I have to fill in with them and this is absolute chaos before Black Friday. And I just wish I could go home and play some Spyro.

PoxBot and SPiEkY like this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Depends on what my challengers want to do. My record is 21 total, but I stopped because the 2nd highest was at 15 and gave up. As for speed, I've eaten 15 in 3 minutes.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

going out with a hot girl that's into french philosophy to this vaporwave bar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    haven't drank alcy in ages, dunno if my body will take it.

12. Sokolov

Travelling with young children is exhausting, but fun :)

Going to do an RV trip over Christmas with 6 adults and 2 children... yowza.

Alakhami and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have to add information to a presentation about the ecological key factors in our project area and also something about helofytefilters.

so I'm quite busy.

but we're doing a boardgame evening 5th of december, some small gifts from sinterklaas, chocolate letters probably.

14. Fentum

Take boardgames

15. Sokolov

Little ones will eat the pieces :D

Fentum likes this.
  16. Sokolov

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Fried a turkey but also decided to bake a Bacon-Wrapped Herb-Stuffed Turkey Breast this year. It was fantastic.

[​IMG]

Also made a Napolean:

[​IMG]

Was lots of yum.

[​IMG]

Thbigchief, SPiEkY, PoxBot and 2 others like this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I do not like tukey.
    but that all looks very nice.

19. Fentum

Bacon wrapped turkey looks great.

For a switch up, try wrapping Cod or Salmon with Proscuttio ham. Fry some sage alongside.

20. Sokolov

Just eat it

SPiEkY likes this.