PoxLITE - idea for saving the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 3, 2018.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Sadly it has come to my attention that this game seems to die. And I dont see interest from the developers even to fix the current problems nor to make new content.

My idea is a group of old players or investors or even the devs themselvs should start a PoxLITE for mobile gaming. Android / Iphone etc. Of course with PC launcher too.

If this was to be done by a group of players/investors, the content could be liscensed by DOG as some % of revenues or similar. Idea is to use the old content and old rules etc, but to simplify it enough to be able to play by phone. Take maybe 10% of current runes to start. Delete many complex parts. Kind of revind game to what it was when it was most great. And to make it free to play format with runeshop/packs. Reuse all the old graphics and game system but simplify. And to focus 100% on ranked game play with frequent rank resets with free to play reqard acc to rank at reset time. Delete all types of sinlge play or non ranked play. Make game about climbing in rank to get a reward and get new runes. Focus on making the lite version foxus on quicker games. 5-10-20 min games. Allow rush and trick decks. Make some kind of timer not to allow games to go on forever. Make it phone-friendly.

And most important keep old community! Give all old players free rune packs depending on how much they had invested in runes in old pox. Make sure community is part of developing this. And make them the new player base for the new game.

Relaunch new expansions quite cheap by jist reintroducing part of the old content. No need for new graphic designer. Just someone makeing the gamerules and balance and someone else doing the programming. And maybe let DOG agree to use the liscense moneh to fix the bugs and issues with current normal pox, to allow it to be playable again as some retro game.

2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Bruh you are WAY behind on this discussion. I'm not rehashing everything that has been said here and here. Go read these threads and you will see why this will not happen.
    Cheers...

Gnomes likes this.
  3. polltroy

yea got it too that im way behind.. but i think liscense agreement is way to go with this... and keep the new pox very slim. could be a good deal for everyone

4. polltroy

I think best way to go forward is to make a pox lite version. I want to have feeling of pox in phone... i could help to do this but we need to find a way to liscense old pox graphics and stuff. Feeling and community is crucial for success!!!! Lets try more hard to save pox.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The only way to license is to get DOG to respond. No one else has been able to do so. If you are serious about this idea, I encourage you to contact DOG and get a response where others have been unsuccessful.

Bondman007 likes this.
  6. polltroy

I want to try again to contact DOG but assure them it will not all be open on the forum.

Lets start to state mission:
    1. to get liscense to use part of content for a true Lite version (both for PC and Android)
    2. to get funds to rollback pox or fix current launcher to make it playable again, lite version will give new players to full game for sure
    3. to form a group from community who wants to contribute with either money or free work to get shares in this new project

who would be interested? how much money / time could you contribute?

yuore likes this.
  7. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

assure them it will not all be open on the forum.

Proceed to ask who is interested on the forum

You can see who is interested in other thread and should consider pm or discord those people ?

8. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

is there any reason they just cant leave the game up and just not do anything new to it?

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's functionally what it's been for quite awhile now.

10. guokamoli54

ya i get that but why would it need to be shut down if they arent devoting man power to it anyways? I am happy with the game as is honestly nothing new could ever be added and i wouldnt care just please dont take it away...

11. Bondman007

Because there are server and domain fees that must be paid in order to keep things running the way they are. If DOG doesn't pay them it's lights out!

12. guokamoli54

could we move to subscription based? what are the cost to keep the servers going?

13. Bondman007

Here man, read through this thread. It answers all your questions...

guokamoli54 likes this.