First games back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 8, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Essence drain still op, fw still spams free meat, and doom still ****s up all expensive units. All in all wasn't a bad few games, just wish essence drain was changed years ago along with doom.

Also didn't intensify used to cure doom, or was that a long time ago ?

2. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Sounds like you've had some bad luck with multiple games against FW

super71 likes this.
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I mean, Essence Drain is just your standard one-rounding facilitator spell. Plenty of factions have similar spells: IS has Hammer Strike, ST has Gale Force, FS has Drown, etc.

And personally, I never saw the issue with Doom. Sure it's a guaranteed kill, but it takes 3 rounds; 3 rounds you can use to throw your champ into the fray with reckless abandon and not care what happens to it because it's gonna die anyway. If it's something particularly strong, as tends to happen with Doom, the opponent will likely have to use additional resources to slow it down before it dies, and you end up coming out even in the end.

If you're just getting back, I'd be more worried about 25 damage Forest Lerpers 1-shotting everything than whatever FW can put out.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Funny to see that: yesterday was full of KF players running around according to our talks on Discord. :p

5. DukeofDunks

To be fair, he was playing KF so i stand by that.

6. super71

Haha against you, ya skeezy devil. Just playing, i'm notorious for hating fw mechanics though, never liked the way doom worked, and never like essence drain killing capabilities.

I don't even know what k'thir I was playing, I started with a weird tree bg and ended with some Angel bg that made no sense.

I don't like fw because I feel every theme is kinda the same, swarm mechanics, or cheap meat spam, and essence drain or doom any problems for you.

7. super71

Essence drain is 50 nora to remove health, hammer strike requires more champs to be in position, Drown needs water is often an okay trade off for me because it's so expensive. Gale force i've always hated also, mostly because knock back is unpredictable on the best of days.

People always say that about doom, throw your doomed unit at them, well doom still drops double the nora in a globe, so chucking a unit and a huge nora globe at my enemy seems dumb.

Someone tried the forest lerper nonsense, didn't seem to bother me really I killed it 3 or 4 times I believe. Someone was running a beast k'thir/sl bg, and I saw a trick sl/k'thir bg using the typical aspect of violence and lerper shenanigans.

8. super71

Honestly, i've been scouring the internet for a long time for games like pox and nothing seems to be as close to it strategically or with as many cards and interactions. It will suck when this beast goes down

9. DukeofDunks

Looked like generic meta kthir to me, maybe leaning heavily on archers I actually assumed you had fought other FW players because i dont recall ever using ED in our match. I just doomed your 90 nora angel because i didnt want to deal with abash and 9 damage a turn wasnt going to hurt my colossus any

Hopefully captiulate poxnora will be far enough along by then. You can check it out on the discord, where everyone else is.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. super71

Generic meta k'thir ? You were running a generic worms build man, Angels are out dated and over priced, and have been ever since the heavy intensify nerf. I played a couple games against fw, it just always seems the same so they all blend together.

I saw bits and pieces of his game, i'm hoping it evolves a bit, right now it's not doing it for me.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Short-Lived no longer drops a double globe. Hasn't for a long time. Doom also used to be 40 nora, so the cost hike + the globe nerf makes it much less of a fire-and-forget type of spell.

super71 likes this.
  12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

A few angels are still good namely KF, SP, UD, SL and FS Angel - KF and SP ones have crazy health pools combined with decent sustain which makes equips and damage buffs really effective on them while SP, UD and SL ones offer crazy damage and - in SP's case - powerful combination of tankiness and utility (void shield, pull and hunter: walker). They're still decent.

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

Suppose i'm used to old angels haha, 90 nora in pox's cheap meat meta seems too pricey especially with all the options for easy kills.