My chat suddenly started working tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fentum, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

After years of silence, my chat is now working.

I was able to have a lovely chat with a new player.

HURRAH!

Etherielin, Woffleet and xaznsoulx like this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Bring them over to Discord!

3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

where did the chat work? in game, in lobby etc? Did you do something to make it work? Seems its not working for me right now.

4. Fentum

Was playing a game and saw my opponent write something. I wrote back and although I couldn’t see my text as I was typing, it actually appeared as chat.

5. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Discord folks figured out it was the resolution settings 1536x864 1440x900 1280x1024 1680x1050 are all broken

Fentum likes this.
  6. Fentum

Oh really? I have run at 1440x900 as a window then maximised it to full screen. Are you saying that if I run a different setting then chat will work? That would be great.

7. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

yes, this is correct. thanks to your post yesterday i was trying all different combinations and found out chat is working all the time, but the visual part of chat is not working in the mentioned resolutions. unfortunately for me game looks best in these resolutions. just like you my favourite is 1440x900 which allows me to do other things while playing.

Fentum likes this.
  8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Can we list the resolutions chat is working? as opposed to the ones that arent. And possible resoutions that people who have the screen tear issue arent?

9. Fentum

IT WORKS!!!

Huzzah!