most op decks right now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 16, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What are the most overpowered decks right now

2. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

ST/SP and frost amp are the strongest i believe, you'd get a way faster and better informed response for such a simple question on the discord you know. Forums are a ghost town in comparison

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    super71 likes this.
  3. super71

Not the same lol, true pox was built on these forums, and true pox will die on these forums. Thanks for the reply though

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Considering my efforts it is pretty much the same.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

6. super71

I'd have to agree here, frost champs with 60+ hp and noh-kan do is pretty crazy. Playing this theme you can just blindly rush units a your opponent with no worries as it's nearly impossible to one round them.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I think UD fire is really strong to. Just not many people running that build. Fire Giant is a beast with tinderbox.

8. super71

Honestly man, I played against it and it was pretty damn tough lol. Typically I struggle with ud in general though, rush decks ruin my day real quick.

Also i'm seeing a lot of fs lately, which seems to have quite a few overpowered runes, salamanders specifically.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
  9. Woffleet

Salaman is the prime example of what I hate about this great game. Burst Damage is a bullshit feature which ruins positioning. Salaman ingenuity is bonkers and provides crazy damage spikes.

super71 likes this.
  10. super71

I’ve been saying for a while damage really took off over the last couple expansions, it seems defense was never really brought up to par.

Also your telling me you don’t like blitz with forest lerper, and startle, while being stealthed lol.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Woffleet

It would have been interesting if the game had gone a different direction and focused on slower sources of damage. Well TBH they did introduce those things like Tower of Amareth, Dragon Skull and other AMPs, etc. They are just outshined by Galeforce and other things which promote more gank strategies. The intersection of the two. Slow but very powerful damage sources like amps and gank's like gale might explain frost AMPs dominance. Can't remember a time when that deck wasn't top tier.

12. super71

Spells are a whole other ball game for me, gale force is one of the more annoying spells in the game, large aoe, knocks enemy units out of position, can cliff dive, and does damage. Frost has always been top tier because we never addressed that 15 hp from the bonus and banner is huge, and that's not getting into abilities like sermon, or boost.

Also it always seemed to me, st received a lot of abilities that other factions don't really have access too, and most of them were pretty strong, no-khan do, fury of a thousand strikes, magnate's blessing, frost vine snare, mocking blow etc. The abilities themselves are strong, and i'm okay with st having them because they are unique, but I feel st got a lot of the unique abilities on top of them being crazy efficient as far as nora:hp ratio. The coalitions expansion is a good example, their is not a single exo from that expansion that is used other than elemental core, every now and then I see the phoenixes in tricks decks, but that's about it. I always have thought that the +10 hp has been the biggest factor for st, I mean if you take any champ in the game, and throw on +10 hp, it starts to look a lot better immediately.

Great eagle- 8 damage, 6 speed, 1 range, 2 defense, 45 hp 60 nora
    with st buff- 8 damage, 6 speed, 1 range, 2 defense, 55 hp 60 nora

To me, flying with pounce, and detection, or rend and detection for that st cost looks very reasonable, but i'd never run it with 45hp because it seems so inefficient somehow.

I always thought things like vengeful, and fury were very good damage increasing abilities, but only on melee. When I see things like blitz, startle, I think the damage is too high, i'd be okay with blitz on lerper, but don't make him have stealth. My biggest issue mostly is when things like high damage abilities start to get thrown on ranged champs, things like quest damage and multi attack should never have been put on ranged champs.

To wrap all this up, I used to enjoy themes with commander, boost, motivate etc. because you had to have all the champs out to attain higher stats, granted I thought some themes could use a toning down. Now I can deploy lerper or planes walker and laugh my way through your forces with my one unit army. Seems like we lost some part of the strategic element along the way and in it's place got something else entirely.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

About seven years ago I wrote a post all about this. The damage and ability increases changed the game from a kind of army vs army positioning and tactical game to a Godzilla vs King Kong giant monster fight.

Still good fun but much faster tempo

super71 likes this.
  14. super71

Yeah the faster tempo was meant to draw in more players for quicker games, however it alienated a lot of the hardcore poxers to stop playing.

15. super71

daggerpede- regen 3, hunter:equipped, attack:acid, split, surge:equipped, creep and crawl, 8 damage, 7 speed, 1 range, 0 defense, 50 health

So first off, who put regen 3 on a champ with split ? Secondly, who put hunter equipped, surge:equipped, on a champion with split. Lastly, why was there ever another champ that was given split that is competitive after we dealt with the mucker nonsense for years.

Also, damn skeletons for having champs with alt damage that all mostly stink.

16. Etherielin

Are you seriously losing to Daggerpede out of all things?

17. super71

No, mostly lost to immunity physical because I didn't run enough alt damage types, because skellys don't have a lot of good ones. I just strongly dislike the idea of split champs with regen as split champs are already way overpowered in 1 vs 1 scenarios, add in high speed, good damage, and regen 3 and it get's quite out of hand. We nerfed the k'thir slag multiple times because it was replicating and then healing using catharsis bloom back in the day, it had nora gen also, but that should never have been on a replicating champ to begin with.

Unless of course your saying daggerpede is fine in 1 vs 1 situations, in which case I wouldn't mind debating that with you with my above reasoning.

18. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Wait skellies? As in FW? You run soulreave for that explicit purpose. Not only does it not proc split but it also completely ignores berserkers blade which that equip deck runs to keep their 'pedes alive

19. Etherielin

"Skellies don't have a lot of good alt damage champs" I guess Utterdark Fadewisp, Hoarfrost Dragon, Hoarfrost Lich, Skeletal Lerper, Spectral Emissary, Toll-Taker, Tomb Lord and Xulos aren't good anymore.

20. super71

Yeah I threw that in last night after that game