looking to trade for liches

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Jan 25, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Looking for x2- Elder vamoyre
    looking for x2- genesis lich

2. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

Have 2x elder vamp

3. super71

Pm me on website so we can talk about what you want, my name is super 71 on there also.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Don't trust him, he's a scammer.

5. super71

Thanks for the heads up

6. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

If you admit Trump is a moron i will think about help you out mate!

7. super71

I'll admit he's spoiled and narcissistic, but I don't think he's a moron, I think he plays a moron because it's easier for his opponents to say that then argue with him. Politicians have accomplished nothing in decades for the American people, trump has reduced prison times for people with small problems, decreased our trade deficit, dropped China's currency value, talking about immigration reform which all other politicians refuse to do because they are always politically correct and seeking re election so they can continue to do nothing.

Trump was a product of government bloat, and the ineptitude of the Democrat to produce anyone other than Hilary.

Varthas likes this.
  8. super71

Still need x1 elder vamp, and x2 dark apprentice, I have x4 rock charger war beasts, and x3 draksar confessors for trade.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because I hate misinformation...

This was a major point in Obama's presidency. The GOP just largely refused to do anything about it.

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/...stration-has-advanced-criminal-justice-reform

Federal lawmakers are making slow but important steps with pending sentencing reform legislation.

Meanwhile, President Barack Obama has been taking matters into his own hands and moving the ball forward through his own authority.

1. Increase Commutations

2. Create a Presidential Commission

3. End Federal Financial Subsidization of Mass Incarceration

4. “Banning the Box” for Federal Employment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...minal-justice-reform-prison-sentencing-police

Gridlock and opposition in Congress forced Obama to resort to executive orders during his pronounced late-presidency focus on prisons, sentencing and policing – an ultimately limited course of action

Anyway, it did get passed under Trump, so I am ok with giving him some credit for this - though I blame the GOP for not acting on it sooner for politically purposes.

No.

Trade deficit hits 10-year high as China shuns soybeans, Americans snap up imports

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...despite-tariffs-tough-trump-stance-2018-12-06

Mexico can thank the US for its record-high trade surplus

https://qz.com/1536884/mexicos-record-trade-surplus-is-thanks-to-growing-exports-to-us/

It is exactly the same as it was when Trump took office:

upload_2019-1-31_21-38-43.png

(Btw, a falling Chinese currency would actually make their goods cheaper to buy.)

Everyone has been talking about immigration for a decade now. And there's been progress on this front. There was even a bill in 2013 specifically aimed at this issue.

However, during Trump, literally nothing has been done. He said he'd accept whatever Congress came up with for DACA, and then rejected every plan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/01/29/read-president-obamas-immigration-proposal/

President Obama’s commonsense immigration reform proposal has four parts. First, continue to strengthen our borders. Second, crack down on companies that hire undocumented workers. Third, hold undocumented immigrants accountable before they can earn their citizenship; this means requiring undocumented workers to pay their taxes and a penalty, move to the back of the line, learn English, and pass background checks. Fourth, streamline the legal immigration system for families, workers, and employers.

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...-senate-immigration-reform-bill-accomplishes/

The Top 5 Things the Senate Immigration Reform Bill Accomplishes

The Senate immigration reform bill makes unprecedented investments in border security, including raising the number of Border Patrol agents from just more than 21,000 to 38,405; building an additional 350 miles of fencing (to bring the total miles of fencing to 700); and deploying a litany of specific technology resources in the various sectors of the southern border.

Under Obama, illegal immigration declined, deportations increased, fencing was built and border security improved.

The truth is the border is much more secure now than it has been for decades - and it had nothing to do with Trump.

~

As is often the case, Trump and his supporters blindly credit him for things he hasn't done, literally lie about what is true, and pretends old ideas are new ones.

Anyway, Trump isn't a moron. He knows what he is doing in terms of appealing to his base. He is, however, a liar and a font of misinformation.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  10. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

I`ve been wondering if alot of it is because of this, that`s brilliant if so. It ain`t pretty, or necesary right to all but for sure he has his style.

The rest of youre post i kinda agree with the overall picture, he did succeed because of his anti politician style, and fair play for that. And the rest rest of what he has achieved i think every president achive something and i ain`t living over there so the achivement part is more relevant for the americaner.

11. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

No a lower currency value means it requires MORE of the currency to buy it, thus making it more expensive

super71 likes this.
  12. super71

Sok, this is a trade thread man lol, what the heck. We have thirty threads in off topic, and I don't care to argue about the same stuff anymore to only have you disregard it all regardless of the information I present, we have opposing viewpoints and that's that.

I think often times you get this strong dislike because Trump is a Republican, you say above that the GOP didn't move forward with something, this is politics and that is why I said Trump get's things done. Sure Obama tried, but he ultimately failed, Trump put his mind to it and got it done, that is the difference between politicians and Trump. He isn't a Republican or a Democrat, their is a reason many Republicans laughed at him when he said he'd run and Democrats hate him.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  13. super71

So under Obama he did all of that against illegals, and yet you and people like you always say Trump is the bad guy when it comes to illegals ? I just don't understand how that even makes sense, or if you understand how silly that sounds while blasting Trump for wanting a wall or fixing the illegal alien problem. Hypocritical, but it is what it is I guess.

Why are Democrats now calling the wall immoral, and medieval lol, when they already put 350 miles of it in ? Do you not see how silly this is, of course the wall is going to get put in, Trump gave in on the shutdown so Democrats would be more cooperative and that way they don't have to look like the bad guy when they give in on the wall.

14. Sokolov

*facepalm*

OMFG...

If your currency is worth 1 Chinese Yuan, then things cost the same.

If your currency is worth 10 Chinese Yuan, then Chinese goods are 10 times cheaper than they were because it's cheaper for you to buy their currency.

The Chinese Yuan falling means you can afford MORE of it, not less.

When the Canadian dollar falls relative to American dollars, what happens? Americans go to Canada to buy stuff because the money goes further - you can buy more Canadian dollars with the same amount of American dollars.

~

https://www.investopedia.com/trading/chinese-devaluation-yuan/

"China's economy depends significantly on its exported goods. By devaluating its currency, the Asian giant lowered the price of its exports and gained a competitive advantage in the international markets."

15. Sokolov

It's not opposing viewpoints when you post literal lies.

I am simply stemming the tide of your misinformation. I don't want you infecting other people with your nonsense.

How can you claim Trump has reduced the trade deficit when the opposite is true?

16. Sokolov

Let's imagine you and I just came home from the grocery store and filled our fridge and cupboards. And you say to me, "We really need to get some food in this house! Let's go buy everything at the store" And I replied, "What? Why would we do that? Our house has a lot of food! And we don't need ALL of the food at the store, it wouldn't even fit in our house!"

And you said, "You agreed earlier that we should go get food, and now you are saying we shouldn't. Do you not see how silly this is? Why are you being a hypocrite?"

The answer is that the SITUATION HAS CHANGED.

~

As I have previously already told you, under Obama in total almost 700 miles of barriers was built, along with other efforts. The difference is as follows:
    1. The barrier under Obama was under the direction of DHS who decided where and what kind of barriers would be built based on data and expertise
      • VS The barrier under Trump is a one size fits all solution across the entire border
    2. The barrier and other improvements made under Obama has already drastically improved the border situations
    3. When this stuff was happening under Obama, the illegal immigration trend was going up, it's no longer going up, in fact, illegal border crossings are lowest in a decade
    Trump is taking a largely solved problem, pretending it's a crisis, and claiming that he came up with the idea of a wall. That's why it's stupid. It's a waste of money, a waste of time, and a vanity project.

For example, there is already a fence working well in El Paso. Guess where one of the first sections of Trump's wall is being built? El Paso. He is literally ripping down what is already there and working and spending almost 2 billion dollars to replace it with his own wall.

Talk about nonsense. Do you not see how silly this is?

17. Sokolov

It's like you have no idea how politics works. Trump got stuff done because his party controlled all 3 branches. Just like Obama got his agenda when his party controlled all 3 branches.

Now Trump's party doesn't control the house and he will have a much harder time getting what he wants, just as the GOP opposed Obama.

The President doesn't craft legislation - without support of the two other branches nothing gets done.

And ask yourself this, if the wall was SOOOO important to national security, why didn't they do something about it immediately? Why wait til after the mid-terms when it would get much harder to do and shutdown the government over it?

18. super71

It's a waste of money ? We spend 110 billion dollars to feed, house, and educate illegals every year, i'd say 5 billion is a drop in the bucket. Their are cities that spent 5 billion on a football stadium in recent years, Americans priorities are ****ed up and always have been.

"According to the most recent analysis by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), one illegal immigrant living in America today costs U.S. citizen taxpayers about $8,075. In total, illegal aliens cost American taxpayers $116 billion annually.

FAIR researchers note the increasing costs of illegal immigration is a “disturbing and unsustainable trend.Costs to taxpayers have risen by nearly $3 billion since 2013, when illegal aliens’ total cost to taxpayers was $113 billion, according to FAIR." Because of DACA and programs like it, Americans can't afford health care in general because of Obama, but were paying for illegals healthcare through taxes, but that's fine for you right sok, illegals before American citizens ?

https://www.watchdog.org/national/a...cle_b51222e8-8b7b-11e8-8546-37063af1f318.html

Multiple different websites list this number not just this one, use google =).

Also, just because the illegal immigration numbers have gone down, it doesn't mean we stop fixing it. What your saying is, well guys we fixed the major hole in the boat and won't sink right now, but their are a few little holes around that might f us up over time, that's silly and a bigger waste of tax payer money to half fix a problem.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...2017-but-immigration-arrests-up-idUSKBN1DZ2O5

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/4...rder-wall-most-certainly-will-assist-securing

According to the frigging leader of border security, a wall is effective and part of their system and makes their jobs easier, who would have thunk it, unless of course you don't believe the people that are guarding the border and you know better sok ?

NPR a fairly liberal news station I believe

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/26/511745401/head-of-border-patrol-union-on-trumps-wall-plans

JUDD: That's what I'm thinking. Again, I don't have the exact specifics of what they're going to do, but I do know that they're looking in specific places like Laredo, Texas, where we have very, very little walls. Yet, the state that Laredo, Texas, borders is extremely violent. And so we're looking in locations like that. They're looking in locations like that, but I think it's going to be very effective.

INSKEEP: What have you made of the really visceral response to this, the negative response to this from many people in the United States as well as from Mexico?

JUDD: Well, I can understand, but you - but, Steve, you have to understand there's a lot of rhetoric out there and a lot of what's being put out there - I mean, I've heard that this is a racist wall. This isn't a racist wall. We're not talking about keeping out legal immigrants. We're talking about keeping out illegal immigrants, and it has nothing to do with race because we get people from all - from everywhere. We get people from Russia who are white that cross the border illegally. And so this isn't a racist wall. This is about the security and safety of the United States.

Your right though, misinformation and what not right ? I even used a liberal news hub lol, your problem is you can't handle being wrong and you flip flop so damn much it's exhausting keeping up. One day your telling me Trump is terrible for wanting to better shore up the borders, and then tell me Obama your hero deported millions of illegals and built a wall.... You'd make for a good politician sok, maybe you should run.

If Trump is tearing down a wall, it's probably because that one isn't working for whatever reason as illegals are still getting through there.... Certain parts of the border wall have slats in them which you can literally climb over because it has slats, however a flat wall with no slats in high crossing areas would be more effective, unless of course you believe a flat wall is easier to climb than one with slats in it =).

19. super71

Temporarily our trade deficit will be wider of course, that's typically how a trade war works. Has the trade war hurt the American people more, or China more ? America was built on American money, China was built on American money, I don't understand why you don't get that. China is profitable because we buy their Bane Shift, America is profitable regardless if China buys our products or not because the American dollar keeps the American dollar steady. Sure, you can say i'm incorrect right now about the trade deficit, but I understand that the Chinese economy is propped up by everyone else's money, and that eventually they will be forced to cave one way or the other.

"China is employing its full arsenal of stimulus tools — monetary and credit easing, a weaker currency, spending increases and tax cuts," the BofAML economists noted. "…

If our economy was doing so poorly because of the trade deficit, then we'd be employing those same things and the FED wouldn't keep raising interest rates like they still plan to do. Also if Trump didn't make the economy stronger, then the FED never would have increased interest rates as many times as they did. Seems like common sense to me, but I suppose common sense is missed lately by many.

20. Sokolov

As the analogy showed, a border fence/wall in general is not the issue, just as having food in the house is not the issue.

The issue is WHEN and HOW and WHY.

As I demonstrated previously, the wall and other security measures/improvements made under Obama were EFFECTIVE. And politicians on both sides supported this effort (not all, but enough). The narrative that Democrats are anti-border security is idiotic because recent history has shown this not to be the case.

So why are we against the wall now?
    1. The solution is different. The previous solution was a precise approach guided by the experts - Border Patrol and the Department of Homeland Security - to decide what to build and where to build it. This created a cost effective solution tailored to the needs of the local issues.
    2. There is already a wall/barrier in the places where it is needed most.
    In contrast, Trump's wall is:
    1. Not cost effective
    2. A federally mandated one size fits all solution
    The situation is also different.

With the improvements made to border security in the past decade, we have seen a decrease in the total NUMBER of illegals and NEW illegals:

upload_2019-2-1_11-6-20.png

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11/...grant-total-dips-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade/

And a change in HOW new illegals are entering the country:

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/6860...a-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings

The fact is that the border isn't the main issue anymore. It's well controlled.

~

Am I shocked to learn that a Trump appointee to Border Patrol Chief agrees with Trump? No.

Now, it's not Trump like listens to the experts as he regularly disparages the intelligence community, etc.

But, let's ask representatives at the border if they think a wall is needed?

Nine congressional representatives serve the districts that line the 2,000-mile southern border. They are men, women, freshman politicians and Washington veterans. The Democrats among them span liberal ideologies, while one of them is a Republican. But they all have one thing in common: each is against President Donald Trump's border wall.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps...-border-opposes-border-wall-funding-2019-1-8/

~

In any case, if Trump identified, say, 500 miles of the border where additional security is needed, and proposed a tailored solution for each area with a combination of physical barriers and technology, as well as outlined a plan to deal with OTHER forms of illegal immigration which are a greater % of new illegals. I would have no problem with that. For example, in the San Diego area there are some miles of old fencing that needs replacement - great, do that. They also want to extend the border wall up the mountain some, and build some out further into the ocean. Ok, cool. Do that.

What I have a problem with proposing the same damn thing everywhere while ignoring where MOST illegals come from AND using what money he has been given to rip down existing WORKING barriers to put up his own... while pushing this false narrative that there is a border crisis.