Barbarians

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by super71, Feb 3, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What happened guys, what happened. They went from a great theme, to whatever they are now.

Warchief Stone Clan- Warchief inauguration, this spell only works on champs with no warchief ability, or storm, so realistically you can only get the health stack once unless you go in order ?

blood, then storm, then stone- good luck figuring that out in the game

1) They don't rush well for being barbarians

2)Their damage is sub-par surprisingly for them being aggressive barbarians

3) Not huge defensive tanks like the used to be. Not a whole lot of abilities like scrapper, reflexes, evasive etc. Just a whole lot of 2 and 3 defense champs and tough, which isn't as strong as it once was.

4) Not any theme tying spells, relics, or equips. Just a bunch of champs kinda thrown together with the old strong abilities, defender, shroud, battle master etc.

5) At one point I remember them being a functioning very strong theme, why were they changed again into what they are now ?

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The big flying guy when equipped with bracers is always a pain.
    The cheap guy who returns champs also. Conscript?

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Soooo many different reworks for my homies... it just never quite felt right. It was fun making suggestions though and getting some tweaks made but oh well. They never were the shock troopers I wanted for IS which is typically slow and build up... I wanted Barbs to be the alternative rush version myself. Now I know you could make a good rush deck but it wasn't exactly due to the theme just good runes within it.

Fentum likes this.
  4. super71

At one point though, I recall winning like 15+ games in a row and they were very exciting to play. This was the barbarians right before the "clan" rework which was always gonna be bad, you only got rewarded for losing units now.

5. Thbigchief

- So sad... 2 barbs that were gonna come out for the last expansion were my idea.... rip. One was the epitome of shock and the other definitely helped early game with a stealth mechanic sorely missing from the theme.

Sarghavian Vanguard (IS)

Creator: @@Thbigchief
    Race: Barbarian
    Class: Warrior
    Size: Small

DMG: 11
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-1
    DEF: 1
    HP: 47

Cost: ~66

Attack: Physical
    Vulnerable
    Initiator
    Throw Axe

U1: Quest: Runner (Default), Cull, Conqueror
    U2: Empowered: Speed (Default), Leap 3, Pounce

Lost Tribe Cannibal (IS)

[​IMG]

Creator: @@Thbigchief
    Race: Barbarian
    Class: Brute
    Size: Small

DMG: 13
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 1-1
    DEF: 0
    HP: 55

Cost: ~83

Attack: Physical
    Brain Eater
    Stealth
    Mercenary
    Quest: Kill Enemy

U1: Lifedrinker (Default), Life Siphon, Consume
    U2: Scrapper (Default), Blood Frenzy 2, Ambush

6. super71

83 nora with 0 defense, yikes my man. I like his abilities but damage is way too high nowadays, he'd be one rounded on the turn you summon him by just global nonsense lol.

Problem for me is barbarians have always seemed to play very slow, and this is the opposite of how I think they should play. I like them more aggressive like you said, but their damage is just so so, and they can't really push the advantage, and then you throw in things like nkd, majestic, frozen, slowed etc. and they really just drop off the map.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. Thbigchief

- Yeah brain eater and stealth are overcosted but its just my concept I didn't get the final say...but yeah woulda been powerful for setups with stealth

super71 likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Stealth and scrapper are a nice combination though.