What I learned about myself

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Silfeed, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

I have been playing this game on and off for a couple of years. I would consider myself a decent player but I want to be a top one. What I learned about myself is that I really don't like playing the game.
    I like to prepare for war, not actually be in it if that makes sense. I’ve wasted so many shards and tokens on different decks because I get pumped up to try it out. Making a deck is fun and creative but once I’m done, I’ll play maybe one or two games then I’m bored. It's unfortunate because I like this game and it's still enjoyable even in the state it's in. Just wanted to share this revelation. Took me over 7 years to realize it :(

19madfox95, aseryen and super71 like this.
  2. Belthoron

Belthoron New Member

well i discovered this game to late, steam says installation was on 14. Aug. 2017 and somehow it reminds me to the good old Days of Magic the Gathering... i like to build decks, and i have already wasted so many hours in only reading cards, trying to create deck for deck only to play them 1-2-3-4 - only to realize everytime.. **** the opponents i will get , i only can get -they are to hard, to good .. but anyway i am still a player of this game and have to learn some more cards and what they can..... and maybe..someone the time, the day will come, i will beat some of the few players from the Top 10 or Top 20 after many of Defeats - it would be a real satisfaction :D :D :D
    but for now - i am working on to own or get the actually missing cards or to fulfill the stock of cards.

aseryen and Silfeed like this.
  3. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

Welcome to the game. I forgot to mention the reading as well. I can read a 5 page thread on a deck that I'm interested in. If it wasn't for my poor planning I'm sure I would have extra runes to help you out with. I'm guessing you know about the Dancers in the Snow deck.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is perfectly natural. Different types of games appeal to different people - Pox combines 2 big draws: deckbuilding and tactical gameplay, but not everyone is actually into both.

Silfeed likes this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You figured that out quicker than me buddy haha, I realized I only played for the deck building but actually really don't like much of the game play. Sadly I spent many more hours, and many more shards, gold, cash then you =).

If your still playing, try a dwarf stack hp deck, it's hilarious getting 80 hp dwarves with high damage and defense running around. I'm actually now playing magic the gathering arena, it's much simpler, faster, and it's fairly free to play, pox is fairly free to play also but arena just throws packs at you.

aseryen and Silfeed like this.
  6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Don’t worry friend.

7. Belthoron

Belthoron New Member

well sorry for my pretty late response and thanks for the offer to help out with runes but i have the claim or incentive to do it with my own work.

the dancers way i realized a bit late so i began the game with buying booster packs to get cards :D
    and some months later i found my way to Forum and the " compendium-of-beginner-tools" :)
    and now or maybe some Months ago i realized that i own some few cards which are actually not forgable, so i decided to invest in booster packs again, because iam not sure on which way i got the "black pearl" or an "Centaur Bolter" but i think they must be from some booster packs iam not sure and maybe some of these Harbingers will find a way out of a booster pack in my Cards who konws :D