So this is how it ended

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its been a good time. We've had a great run. Truly the greatest game.

Adios

Karmavore, Lushiris, aseryen and 2 others like this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I still think the best game was the forum, even if I wasn't any good at that part either

Thbigchief, Lushiris, aseryen and 2 others like this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Poxnora was a unique outlet for creative expression for me. Competition, being number one, and counting stats was the domain of the dominant left brainers who played this game. I will miss them too. I would say it was a great game. Far from being the best.

aseryen and Sokolov like this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Purnbyro, is the Grintmaw Bouncer still the most efficient ranged champ in the game?

aseryen likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You and I may not agree on much, but that's one of the great promises of the internet (not always fulfilled) - to bring people with different ideas together using common interests!

Personally, I feel enriched for having known you all. Thank you for indirectly having given me this opportunity to work on such a memorable project and for being a part of PoxNora!

6. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

It's not going end. You're all disillusioned.

aseryen likes this.
  7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I was bored and glancing through a bunch of old forum stuff.
    Twas indeed a wonderful game. Still haven't ever really managed to find something else to scratch that itch.

aseryen likes this.
  8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Pfft you would know how it ends... you and about anyone who is still left on these forums ushered it in with your “nerf this “ tears cause I “got massive game knowledge for the gud of gayme” arses.

If the game had listened to people who wanted more instead know it alls like you this game would still have a dedication to it

aseryen likes this.
  9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I never wanted the game to end. I was hoping for an expansion dedicated to the power of the Bard!!!! More cool sprites epic war bards with guitars and lutes and drums.

aseryen likes this.
  10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

My Dwarven Harlequin, that to this day remains Sok's forum avatar, was going to be in the next expansion along with several other player-created runes. I was really looking forward to trying them all out. :(

It seems appropriate IMO that Pox ends with a "heat death" of sorts, the last few players slowly trickling away until the servers inevitably turn off and everything is dark forever. Pox, the game that was our metaphorical universe for so long, now ends like our physical universe will. Quite sad......

aseryen and profhulk like this.
  11. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

This is so sad. I did play the game regularly some years ago and have been peeking the forums, hoping for some kind of miracle that would revive it. It didn't happen.
    I miss making decks, thinking about them, planning. New expansions, bug fixes, nerfs and buffs... I even miss losing, which I did more often than winning, tbh. Trading was also great, though abusers existed, but it was part of the game itself; fighting for the runes you needed.

So true!

Fare thee well, Poxnora, fare thee well...

aseryen and Sokolov like this.
  12. Diaboliz3r

Diaboliz3r The King of Potatoes

Sorry to see this game end. It was really one of the most unique game I have ever played!

13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It has been an honor.

14. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Forever love this game and the people I had the pleasure of knowing through it

15. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

I'll give my honest opinion. Poxnora was one of the more unique games I've played and a memorable part of my childhood. It did something different. I hope the model for this game is copied if this game never gets a revival. The factions were awesome and the strategic gameplay really made you think. It was truly something to admire despite the frustration.lol.

However, I am disappointed that finally one of my ideas for a rune was actually gonna to be implemented just for the game to stagnant and die. The push to put poxnora on the ps4 was long and unnecessary. Where I was expecting smooth controls we got an unresponsive mess.

Certain factions received unnecessary nerfs to their champs while others were buffed almost unfairly and left untouched. You can argue it was balanced but the underdepths and forsaken waste faction truly had too much going for them. The last drums wars were proof of this as they effortlessly filled their bars faster than anyone else. The last few expansions couldve added more to certain races instead of others and sadly left me wanting more out of disappointment of what was presented to us.

On top of that, a lot of the elite players were ******** who made it hard to stay on and play at times. We get it... your amazing at the game. In the end, you can tell I had my frustrations but this game truly deserves a second chance. It was not bad to say the least.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME