Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Checking in after a long absence. Thanks @Bondman007 for keeping the conversation alive and for trying all the doors. Thanks @Sokolov for the many patient explanations.

I'm a bit sad to see things ending this way, but I'm glad I managed to stop in before everything has wound down completely. Pox Nora was a very influential game for me and my family when I was in my early 20's. I remember playing with my dad and brother online when I moved away from home for a few months for work in 2007; it was great to feel connected to each other, to talk tactics and deals, and to chase the same rares and exotics.

Anecdotally, a big reason I stopped playing Pox is the same reason I stopped playing lots of other games: it got too big for me. I've always been a casual gamer and easily distracted. In these sorts of games I often get to a point where it's harder to get or keep informed than it is to pick up a different game, and then I know it's time for me to move on.

My rune collection kept me in Pox much longer than I have been in other games, and I think that feeling of investment and persistence is something I'll miss. At the same time at this stage in my life I can't see myself investing in another game nearly as much as I did back in the day. Pox Nora was really an amazing artifact of its time for me.

God bless all of you, and good luck. Hope we'll meet again on another battlefield.

Sokolov, aseryen, Fentum and 2 others like this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hey there, Ozariig, nice to see you got to come back before the game had gone cold turkey on you. If you wish to stick around and talk to people you've met here, we're all on Pox's Discord server.

Ozariig likes this.
  3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

SUMMARY OF POX NORA STATUS AS OF MAY 2nd, 2019
    Hey guys, just wanted to post a semi-final recap of this thread. This post will summarize the entire thread for people coming in late and don't want to tread through 18 pages of messages.
    A) Desert Owl Games is out of business. Their LLC is still intact, but this is kind of by default. It exists until they no longer pay the fees and is dissolved.
    B) As a result of A, all of the DOG owners/staff have gone different ways and abandoned their projects. (Pox Nora, Space Wars)
    C) I attempted to communicate with every co-owner of DOG in order to try to agree to a buy/sell or licensing agreement. Only one co-owner responded and that was with the generic e-mail you see attached to the OP of this thread.
    D) Because C was unsuccessful, we explored other options to continue Pox Nora. All were met with the same fate as C.
    E) Some members of the community are/were working on clones of Pox. @Capitulator @Gainer900 @aseryen to name a few.
    F) It was discovered that the Pox Nora domain (poxnora.com) will "potentially" expire in October 2019. IF this happens, then anything associated with PoxNora.com will end in server 404 error. @Sokolov says that he has seen domains run for near ever without this happening. So it is unknown if this will occur.
    G) The game is completely on auto pilot with no development at all. So, if you want runes, DO NOT PURCHASE them with money. Attempt to trade with players for the newest runes and buy the pre-made decks in the marketplace with gold and shard them to create the runes you want.
    H) Pox Nora was truly a legendary game. It was released on August 1st, 2007 and had an amazing run. If you are just now finding it, please enjoy it for the time it has remaining. It created a truly memorable community and had an amazing competitive spirit to her. What you see now is the aftermath of time, poor management, and a game that is drawing its dying breaths. Try not to hold that against her.
    Thanks to all that made this game awesome.
    Bondman007 signing off....

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    aseryen, Fentum, Baskitkase and 6 others like this.
  4. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

aseryen and Bondman007 like this.
  5. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

http://whois.domaintools.com/poxnora.com

This is the expiration date from that site: Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-10-13T18:10:03.00Z

Depending on namecheap.com, pox domain name might have some sort of grace period to renew before it gets kicked. Maybe a year. This doesn't necessarily mean the whole game will go down because the game is hosted on AWS; however it will mean we can no longer use poxnora website domain name if it is not renewed.

19madfox95 and Bondman007 like this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thanks @Bondman007 for posting the summary. I put up a locked sticky thread quoting your post so anyone that comes to the forums can see it even if this falls off the front page.

aseryen, Bondman007 and Etherielin like this.
  7. oppp7

oppp7 The King of Potatoes

Is there a place I can at least get all the assets (pictures) for the game besides manually copy-pasting them from the rune manager?

8. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Wait so what happening?

aseryen likes this.
  9. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  10. Bondman007

11. Bondman007

If you are still confused then read all 18 pages of this thread.... :rolleyes:

aseryen likes this.
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Bondman007 and aseryen like this.
  13. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

I’ll never regret my time with Pox, the joys I had playing it between working and the rest of life.

It was a sweet getaway with a great community that has lasted despite every Up and down that came with it.

Best of luck guys let’s hope for a saving grace for the title, can’t let the world of Pox vanish for good with all the lore and stories behind it.

Bondman007 and aseryen like this.
  14. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

I started with SP, I will die with SP.
    Ryuk signing off.. Thanks for the memories..

Bondman007 likes this.
  15. BCesar

BCesar The King of Potatoes

aseryen and 19madfox95 like this.
  16. Bondman007

Thanks for adding the link. Apparently Daggan (Original owner and designer of Pox) has formed Ocotpiv4? Not sure if its the same or different company. Regardless, according to the discord channel, they have three "big" announcements "coming soon" TM
    A rumor is that they are making Pox Nora the board game. Guess we'll see...

So perhaps Pox might, maybe have a shot at some life after all? Who knows?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  17. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

inter.JPG

There might be hope yet boys

Bondman007 and Fentum like this.
  18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's an Ironfist Colossus I saw in the art, isn't it?

19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

There’s a Brazilian ( I think) chap who has created a Pox board game using card assets with Pox images.

Or just play Mage Wars.

20. Bondman007

Yes