Burgess Owens

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Jun 20, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yikes

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The whole idea of "restitution" has always sounded suspiciously similar to North Korea's "three generations of punishment" policy, wherein the children and grandchildren of political criminals are forced to share the same punishment as the offenders themselves. I.e. it's a blatant disregard for basic human rights, in addition to being highly illogical.

Slavery does not exist today. Exactly 0% of white Americans today actively practice slavery (unless it's in the bedroom). No one in this generation has anything to do with the despicable actions their ancestors from a hundreds of years ago might or might not have partaken in. Not only that, but exactly 0% of black Americans today know what it's like to be a slave (unless it's in the bedroom). They never experienced those hardships themselves, therefore they have no right to demand any sort of recompense for the actions of the past. Racism? Sure, definitely. But slavery? Not a chance. In fact the vast majority of white Americans would prefer to let the past stay in the past; but black Americans just can't seem to let it go.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No one takes this topic seriously...

4. JazzMan1221

Pretty much.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pretty much.

6. JazzMan1221

Pretty much.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Already forgiven, let this be a moment of personal growth for you!