New Game Launch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

2. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

lol i was playing this yesterday and saw ur name and was like wait... :D its actually fun for short term hope u put some more ships or captains into it or make it so u can mix races for mates etc.

Sokolov likes this.
  3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Saw this as I was browsing the steam store this morning. I’ll definitely check it out!

4. Sokolov

Over 1000 CCU now :D

aseryen likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Congrats on the launch. What was your focus in the game development?

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I gave it a go and it’s fun. Reminds me of Man’o’War, the old games workshop game.

I think a problem might be that it rewards people for lurking outside a fight then dashing in to kill off players when they are beat up.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE, BEING A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT WITH ME

I'll probably give this a go later. I'm not really a fan of Battle Royale games, but I gotta do my part to help out our boy Sokobro. Combat looks fun; I'll probably spend most of my time ramming people and letting my crew handle the dirty work. (Also is it possible to push other ships into the sea monster zone? Because I would totally be down for that strategy.) Undead fleet should be neat, but try not to go overboard with the stealth mechanics. I don't tend to have a problem with it myself, but I can see how it would get out of hand in a BR. Glad to see you're bouncing back after Pox's downfall!

8. Sokolov

If you aren't a fan of battle royales and shooters, it MAY actually be up your alley.

It's 10 minute fights with no inventory management, has out of game progression and asymmetry.

There's a variety of mates and possible builds on each ship so there's a bit of a deckbuilding element there.

aseryen and KingJad like this.
  9. Sokolov

Gameplay and Progression Design.

aseryen likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Yes, pushing other people into the Maelstrom is a totally legit tactic - especially in conjunction with the knockback mechanics available.

Or shooting out someone's sails when they are in the dead waters where the thrashers will kill them.

aseryen and KingJad like this.
  11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

cliff diving lives!

aseryen, KingJad, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

It’s also just as frustrating lol!

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I've been enjoying this an awful lot thus far.

The biggest issue I've run into is that most of the folks in any given match at low level don't seem to have a complete grasp of what they're supposed to do.

I've already won several matches simply by sailing away from an enemy as the zone shrinks only for them to keep put putting around and get nommed by a sea monster.

Aside from a few performance hiccups, I'm liking it thus far.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Reminds me a bit of the old Sid Myer's Pirates game which is a good thing. I sunk many hours into that game as a kid.

aseryen likes this.
  15. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

First PC game I ever played; if I were to imagine a multiplayer match-making version...it would look like this

The sharks pulling the ship is a nice touch.