Question from a new player

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by mbaraujo, Dec 30, 2017.

1. mbaraujo

mbaraujo New Member

Hello all,

I have recently started playing and I am enjoying the game immensely. Having said that, I find the learning curve to be quite cryptic. The public decks provided after training seem to be insufficient when playing campaigns. I would like to buy individual runes in order to boost my public decks but I cannot find a way to buy runes individually. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

There's only one way to buy specific runes: you have to get them through the Rune Forge. Rune Forge uses a separate currency called Rune Shards, which look like blue crystals - in order to get them you have to disenchant your already existing runes.

To get some easy shards, you should consider buying the decks for 5k gold from the marketplace - the best one for that is called Dancers in the Snow as it grants over 2k shards. Here's a thread with all the contents of those decks and their shard value: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...ent-last-updated-08-12-2017-up-to-date.29457/

If you have any other questions, feel free to respond here or join us on Discord, where I'm on as often as possible and ready to help you out with both gameplay tips and some runes.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

just tell us what u want and we'll hook u up.

Etherielin likes this.
  4. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

You can use Poxbox.net before it closes on Feb 1 as a quicker way to buy single runes. Otherwise, you must grind. Do the dailies every day and after about a week you'll have enough for the 5k gold deck to net you 2k shards. Plan ahead with what runes you want as 1 legendary rune (which most decks/themes have at least 1 of) can cost as much as 800 shards. It could be my playstyle but I find the Ironfist deck to be the most well-rounded, with only some minor changes using cheap runes needed.

Alternatively, you can just ask. Many players have been playing forever and thus have tons of shards with nothing to spend them on so they won't mind gifting you a few runes.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Daily quests are 350g each, meaning that doing all 4 of them is 1400g. Add to that the daily skirmish and you get about 2k daily.

6. mbaraujo

mbaraujo New Member

Wow thanks for all of your advice and offers of generosity! It is great to know that this community is so helpful to new players.

I'm thinking about making a dragon or fire/beast deck if anyone has any runes they don't use.

Also, I have been getting destroyed by the A.I on custom matches. I suppose there is a steep learning curve, but before I know it the bot has like 15 units on the field. I probably suck because I'm new but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks again for all of your help!

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If you see me in skirmish, give me a game and I would be happy to talk through some stuff. I have beast and fire decks but no dragon decks

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

what faction(s)?

9. Belthoron

Belthoron New Member

maybe someone can add a example for a "Jab ability" i am to stupid to find it out on my own -
    thought something after deploy like "Bloodtracker" or "sabotage: fire, psychic" etc or "Disbelief"
    maybe "psychic ping" this one i didnt tried out..

its necessary for HQ

First Strike
    Play a Deck with 2 or more champions with a Jab or Greeting ability

thx and regards

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I think you can use this site to search for abilities: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/poxnora-search-engine-for-runes.30569/

11. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Hi Belthoron,

If u mean the Stab ability (I'm not sure if Jab exists) then these units have it:

Angel of Chaos
    Angel of Death
    Angel of Nourishment
    Angel of Perseverance
    Angel of Protection
    Angel of Restoration
    Kanen Lasher

As for Greeting ability :

Acidic Greeting
    Acid Dartwing
    Acid Elemental
    Myx Matriarch
    Sundered Phoenix
    Totem of the Fallen
    Totem of the Hat

Frost Greeting
    Hoarfrost Lich
    Jakei Frostseer

Static Greeting
    Amethyst Wing
    Hyaenid Breaker
    Hyaenid Dreamcrusher
    Voil Stormflyer

Snogvie's Greeting
    Snogvie the Antbear

Hope that helps ya ....

12. Belthoron

Belthoron New Member

Hello everyone - newsbuff and L33ch thanks to your answers ;)

because in the past nearly every website which allows a research for cards was closed or shut down- not sure - i am using actually the following link but even there i didnt found a "jab" ;)
    https://aqueous-dusk-28109.herokuapp.com/

i am not sure if "jab" is the same like "stab" so i didnt tried it ;)
    normaly if i am not sure about a HQ - i am using the following link and everything is fine. but there the HQ is described like in game
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...lete-each-daily-and-heroic-achievement.19061/

"First Strike
    Play a Deck with 2 or more champions with a Jab or Greeting ability"

i had built a KF/UD deck which contains the 4 initiative and 2 favor units and because it seems that both factions have no unit with a greeting ability or i dont own the unit who possible have ;) i was looking for a unit with the mysterious "jab" ability but didnt found one ;)
    finally i switched the bgs - to go the way with 2 greeting units - but overall i started to late - so next HQ can come ;)

in any way thanks for try to help :)
    and a good start into the next year

13. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

Psychic Jab used to be on the Firk Botanist, Mindweaver, the Neuromancer and Soulcrawler, but it was removed from the game. If it's still in the Quest rotation, it's an oversight.

Belthoron likes this.
  14. Belthoron

Belthoron New Member

thank you ! :)