Can something please be done about vduub's cancer deck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daltos, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Daltos

Daltos The King of Potatoes

vduub is a mid ranked player that runs a nearly impossible to beat scorn deck. The mechanics of the deck can't be stop unless you have seism or mason, and even then it's almost impossible. He runs this deck non stop every day and I guarantee you it turns people off this game.

Can we please do something about how scornful works? It shouldn't apply to your shrine when his dwarf masons become possessed by you.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's no devs left around to do anything.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Is it a Pool deck?

Pool is easy to beat IMO because you can just save up nora and drop 4 champs in one turn to kill it. Once the Pool dies, all the champs it gave Scornful to will lose it. Your shrine will still take a bit of damage, but it still kills the strategy.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

DO NOT DEPLOY CHAMPS UNTIL YOU HAVE ENOUGH NORA TO SUMMON ENOUGH CHAMPS TO DESTROY THE ETHEREAL POOL IN A SINGLE TURN, INCLUDING IF THEY HAVE A SPELL LIKE REFUTE OR DELAY!!! YOU NEED AROUND ~350 NORA AND ENOUGH CHAMPS TO DEPLOY ALL AT ONCE. BE PATIENT. THIS GIMMICK DECK IS BEATABLE.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

The Scornful condition is >>>REMOVED<<< from your champs after you kill the pool by mass-deploying!!!! The text on pool does not say this, but it is true and crucial to defeating the gimmick.

6. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

gitguud

aseryen, chickenpox2 and Karmavore like this.
  7. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Good to see some fun decks being played, counters have already been described

8. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

vduub - rank 319 rating 1986 win 1480 loss 3041 @ 33% (far from unbeatable)
    Last month 10 wins and 5 losses @ 66%
    So to be fair he appears to have improved his win ratio by around 100% playing an EP deck. GG

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it would be fun if the description on ethereal pool actually stated that the condition is removed if the pool is destroyed. without that hidden knowledge you have no way to know how to beat it.

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Do not cast any spells at all against this bg. Spell trap x 2 is run in all these decks. Never transfigure unless you have to. Everyone who runs this type of bg runs red cap twins x 2 with raze(15 dmg to tranfigured avatars). My favorite bg to counter this is full faction salaman with the cheapest upgrades so I can spam low cost salaman to destroy pool, and make sure you run all the salaman that have the ruin ability for relics and shatter for the negative equips. Other than that to beat fw/ud cancer deck luck of the draw will help.

11. aseryen

Brings back the good ole days when I was running these kind of decks to screw with new player experience, not sure how many I turned away from pox but I’m glad I did all those years ago.

Dampen got removed from Grintmaw Shaman but gimmick decks like these were even more fun to hinder progression.

I say these interactions bring the best out of us, those of us who run gimmick decks know (more or less) what we are doing; it’s up to the community to rally together and find a solution...bashing on players is one tactic but the Pox community always comes together and finds a better way.

12. aseryen

Ult
    I completely agree that the actual win condition is hidden, knowing this and having Ethereal Pool exist seems reasonable, only after this knowledge.

This is what I mean by it brings out the best of our community, despite whatever win condition is being played, whenever a new player or anyone for that matter has a problem...short of a bug, if there are methods to counter, the community is right there to suggest ideas and support each other.

I find these gimmicks also as a kind of live/emergent campaign, but I do understand that with the lack of development/player base that these systems can be a poor experience. Double edge sword for sure

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Your not iPox are you?

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Fentum likes this.
  15. aseryen

I get asked a lot but no

16. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

So many Firking bugs...why get upset. The game is dead....rank means nothing. The devs arent coming back. Be grateful you can still play the broken version we always had. The UI has its host of issues, balance and rune interaction is still broken...oh and the disconnect feature only works if the game lets you log back in. Lol

17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

more like Lord QQ

chickenpox2 and Markus422 like this.